15 or 16 inch front wheel options? Gen 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erikvb

Reaction score
is there anyone out there running a smaller size front? If so which?

Someone said that 80's Ventures might be an option, but they are 18's.

Yes, i like balloon tires :biglaugh:

:ummm:

Are you going to ride it?

Is it for the circus?

I think the early Ventures had 16's but maybe that was just the rears. Not sure any year had a 15" front?

It already has poor ground clearance compared to a sportbike, why would you want to lessen it even more?

A big wide tire slows the steering. I have a twin-disc Yamaha wheel in 19" I was toying w/trying to see if I could make it fit w/o problems, just to see how it would handle. I wouldn't carve anything up on the bike to fit it, but if I could fit it w/o $$$ I think it would make for a quicker-steering bike. As long as the contact patch is similar in area, the braking shouldn't be affected. I always liked the way the old 2-stroke dirtbikes handled w 18" rears and 21" fronts when you rode them.

You can use a front wheel from an 86-87 Yamaha Fazer. You will have to make new spacers, but it fits

The front is by far the easiest of the wheels to try and fit up. I do have a Fazer wheel around here along with some FZ wheels.

Them Fazers come with 17" front wheels? Then he could run a 120/90-17, like on the Shadow Aero
HShadow5.jpg

Latest posts

Back