Bright Gauge's Remedy (color change)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bright Gauge's Remedy

HEY 82NDCOWBOY , Did You Change The Bulbs Also ? I Know On That # 24 Bulb, You Can Get A # 24a Bulb Witch Is Amber & Still Use The Cover !! & THE BULBS I LISTED ARE MUCH LOWER WATT'S, & MAKE IT DEEPER, !!!!!

No I just took the weird blue/green covers they had on them off and put the red ones in.
I didn't need them dimmer.

Do YOU know how to upload pictures?:confused2:

Yes I know how to upload pictures. But my Camera takes pretty crappy pictures in the dark. It has two settings for night, Blurry or Dark.

I'll give it a try tonight for you. I've been working on my Max all week. And I still got some detailing to do before Bike Week.

OK Guys here are the pictures I took. Can't say they help much.
The first one is in the dark, with the flash.
The 2nd, In the dark with Night setting and Flash.
The 3rd, is in the dark, night setting, no flash.

Attachments

• Baby1_2-28-08.jpg
    Baby1_2-28-08.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 464
  • Baby2_2-28-08.jpg
    Baby2_2-28-08.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 538
  • Baby3_2-28-08.jpg
    Baby3_2-28-08.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 727

OK Guys here are the pictures I took. Can't say they help much.
The first one is in the dark, with the flash.
The 2nd, In the dark with Night setting and Flash.
The 3rd, is in the dark, night setting, no flash.

Looks great! I think Tim was on to somthing there:punk:

Looks great! I think Tim was on to somthing there:punk:

I agree, that looks pretty good. It will now be referred to as the TLM - the Tim Light Mod!! :clapping:

THAT THIRD PICTURE THATS IN THE DARK , IS EXACTLY HOW IT LOOK'S, BUT CLEAR , I TOLD YOU GUY'S IT'S " BAD AS HELL "

THANKS FOR POSTING THE PICTURES, 82NDCOWBOY , IT LOOKS GREAT !!!!

NO NO NO , I THINK IT LOOK'S GREAT, & I'M GLAD YOU POSTED THE PICTURE'S, EVERYONE CAN GET THE IDEA, & IT'S ACTUALLY BETTER IN PERSON, AS ME & YOU KNOW !!!!! I HOPE MORE GUY'S DO IT !!!!

THE # 24 BULBS WILL DEFENITLY, THE # 74 I'M NOT SURE, THE #24 BULBS ARE THE SAME SIZE AS THE BIGGER FACTORY BULBS, JUST LESS WATTS, AND THE SMALL FACTORY BULBS ARE VERY TINY ! I WENT TO THE PARTS STORE WITH MY FACTORY BULBS, & DUG THROUGH ALL THIER BULBS TO GET THE SAME SIZE JUST LOWER WATT BULBS,THATS HOW I CAME UP WITH THE # 24 BULBS & # 37 BULBS ,THE # 37 BULBS ARE THE SAME SIZE AS THE SMALLER FACTORY BULBS, THEY JUST HAVE MUCH LESS ( ON THEM THEY CALL IT CANDLE POWER ) , BUT IT WOULD DEFENITLY BE EASYER USING COLORED BULBS !!! GOOD IDEA !!!!! I'M GOING TO ORDER SOME MYSELF JUST TO HAVE THEM & CHECK THEM OUT !!! I'M INTO S@*T LIKE THAT !!! THANKS FOR THAT WEBSITE !!!!!! THEN IF THEY WERE'NT RED ENOUGH, YOU COULD STILL PUT THE RED GEL COVERS OVER THEM !!!! THEY'ED BE F@#%ING RED THEN WOULD'NT THEY !!!

WAIT-WAIT-WAIT-!!! I JUST WEN'T ON THAT WEBSITE , IT SAID THOSE LED BULBS ARE 3 TIMES BRIGHTER, SO BECAREFUL, THEY MIGHT BE WAY TO BRIGHT, THE BULBS I USED, # 24 & # 37, ARE 2 THIRDS DIMMER THEN THE FACTORY BULBS, & WORKED OUT GREAT !!! SO AS LONG AS THERE NOT THE LED BULBS, THEY SHOULD BE GOOD !!!

Tim,They also have the incandesant colored bulbs if you scroll down. $1 each. I am not really sure which bulbs are in there.My bike is not even here to find out.I do know Mario did all of his with bulbs from this site.

I have found the #74 bulbs elsewhere but not colored.

WAIT-WAIT-WAIT-!!! I JUST WEN'T ON THAT WEBSITE , IT SAID THOSE LED BULBS ARE 3 TIMES BRIGHTER, SO BECAREFUL, THEY MIGHT BE WAY TO BRIGHT, THE BULBS I USED, # 24 & # 37, ARE 2 THIRDS DIMMER THEN THE FACTORY BULBS, & WORKED OUT GREAT !!! SO AS LONG AS THERE NOT THE LED BULBS, THEY SHOULD BE GOOD !!!

Tim,They also have the incandesant colored bulbs if you scroll down. $1 each. I am not really sure which bulbs are in there.My bike is not even here to find out.I do know Mario did all of his with bulbs from this site.

I have found the #74 bulbs elsewhere but not colored.

Hey Sean, since you know Mario can you ask him which ones he used? I mean did he use the 74 and 24 as well??

Yeah if you look at my links I was looking at the incandescent I have NO issues with the brightness of the display now but wouldn't mind it dimmer. Just having colored bulbs will make it dimmer plus with my red theme the red gauges will look the shit!:thumbs up: Was your count on the bulbs for all the gauges then Tim?:ummm:

Now I'm a little confused.

I thought the # was the size of the bulb?
Or is it the candle watts?
I just want deep RED to go with my accent LEDs. :confused2:

I used Micro Magic LEDs to accent my carbs.
They Have Ruby Red, so it's nice and RED.
I originally had their single LED but I just upgraded to the 9 LED. They will be here Monday. Which is good cause one of the singles just burnt out, so I sent it back for free replacement after 2 years.
If anyone wants LEDs with a lifetime warranty, Custom Dynamics sells them and they also Have kick ass customer Service.
Here's a Link to the Micro Magics I used.

http://customdynamics.com/micro_magic_leds.htm

Now I'm a little confused.

I thought the # was the size of the bulb?
Or is it the candle watts?
I just want deep RED to go with my accent LEDs. :confused2:

I used Micro Magic LEDs to accent my carbs.
They Have Ruby Red, so it's nice and RED.
I originally had their single LED but I just upgraded to the 9 LED. They will be here Monday. Which is good cause one of the singles just burnt out, so I sent it back for free replacement after 2 years.
If anyone wants LEDs with a lifetime warranty, Custom Dynamics sells them and they also Have kick ass customer Service.
Here's a Link to the Micro Magics I used.

http://customdynamics.com/micro_magic_leds.htm

The number is the model number NOT the candle power. A 9007 bulb has more CP than 9007... It's probably closer to 100,000 or more...

Latest posts

Back