Fat max from Russia project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shishkinnick

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm Nick, live in Russia. My speciality is metal work. I make mold and dye forms.

And as a hobby a make different custom motorcycle parts. Here, you can look photos of my projects in my page here: http://photo.qip.ru/users/shishkinnick/

I'll crosspost some pics of Vmax we are making right now here:

209074846.jpg

209074849.jpg

209074853.jpg

208506088.jpg

209074865.jpg

209074869.jpg

If you have questions, ask - I'll be happy to answer. If you're interested - there are more projects of vmaxes I can show.

Hey welcome to this site! Best resource for the Max online for sure :)

Your work looks great, love those finished Max projects on your photos page :worthy:

Heh. These finished are not mine :) At least not all of them :) There is a folder where I've put some vmaxes from Internet to show people what differences may be made for their motorcycles.

Main problem - I can't get photos of my parts on vmaxes cause they start riding and don't do shooting :)

I'll post more photos later - it's 10 pm, and I'm still at work :( Have to finish some projects.

Dammit the mad monkey is back lol
Are those some kind of sleeves on the fork?
looks pretty cool and different, great job man keep sharing ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I like it though you've got to do better on the welds!

Sean

I agree on the welds not worth your life if that swingarm comes apart. Nice work

Thanks guys! Any reception will be useful.

As for the welds - there will be some sort of postproduction before painting. And 1967vmax is right. I don't want death because of my work. And this is an experimental device. We did everything looking at photos in the internet. The are so few bikes with 300 wheel in Russia, that you can count them by the fingers on ONE hand :)

I'll be making next swingarm better - now I've got a lot of expirience and got levelup :)

After I'll finish one more welded sweingarm, there will be new project - CNC machined swingarm. I'm making 3d models and programs right now.

Diablotin, yes. The upper part of sleeve betveen triple trees is for making the R1 fork fit the right length of Vmax. The lower part - decoration :)

TURBOVMAX, I HAD TO make the tube bender myself. Before that I gave these tubes to another man, who couldn't make circles of it for three months!!! I took my tubes back, worked for three days and made this bender. There were some troubles - I had to ask friends with lathe cnc to make rollers (I bought lathe cnc not long ago!!! Now I can make these things myself :)). After i finished bender, I rolled the tube in 2 hours...

Did oyu noticed the creation on new drive shaft? :)

208717003.jpg

208717016.jpg

208717027.jpg

Right now I'm making some modifications to my equipment to make splines on it. New drive shaft is much bigger and it can't fit. :)

Thanks guys! Any reception will be useful.

As for the welds - there will be some sort of postproduction before painting. And 1967vmax is right. I don't want death because of my work. And this is an experimental device. We did everything looking at photos in the internet. The are so few bikes with 300 wheel in Russia, that you can count them by the fingers on ONE hand :)

I'll be making next swingarm better - now I've got a lot of expirience and got levelup :)

After I'll finish one more welded sweingarm, there will be new project - CNC machined swingarm. I'm making 3d models and programs right now.

Turn up the heat! Great work! Weld should sound like bacon frying in the pan. Looking forward to some more pics

Diablotin, yes. The upper part of sleeve betveen triple trees is for making the R1 fork fit the right length of Vmax. The lower part - decoration :)

TURBOVMAX, I HAD TO make the tube bender myself. Before that I gave these tubes to another man, who couldn't make circles of it for three months!!! I took my tubes back, worked for three days and made this bender. There were some troubles - I had to ask friends with lathe cnc to make rollers (I bought lathe cnc not long ago!!! Now I can make these things myself :)). After i finished bender, I rolled the tube in 2 hours...

Buying one of these for work Large Radius Bender We have the hydraulic version of this one for small radius bends... own the mechanical version for home use... borrow the dies when I need them LOL. Good stuff! and not too expensive.

Did oyu noticed the creation on new drive shaft? :)

208717027.jpg

Right now I'm making some modifications to my equipment to make splines on it. New drive shaft is much bigger and it can't fit. :)

I think you have the swingarm with a very big angle of entry for the shaft on the rear drive. It allows for some side to side play regarding angle but i think yours may be too much and may grind the splines when running. I instead broke the shaft in 2 using an extra Ujoint at the back.

Yep. There will be extra joint near the end. I still need to machine the U-joint. I don't want to begin millng until I'll get all nessesary components. Splines will be on the thin side of shaft to join the standart U-joint.

TURBOVMAX, my construction of bender costed me someting near 100$ :) I have hydraulic press, but I don't need to bend so big tubes to use it :) And more - I have 16 tons automobile bottle jack. If I'll need it - I'll make hydraulic bender :)

Yep. There will be extra joint near the end. I still need to machine the U-joint. I don't want to begin millng until I'll get all nessesary components. Splines will be on the thin side of shaft to join the standart U-joint.

Why are you going to machine the U-joint? Just grab one used, will save you lots of work. If i can i'll upload a photo of my setup so you can take a look...

wildweasel_pt, the new swingarm is 18 cm longer than standart. I've made new drive shaft and instead of the cup in the unit on the side of the wheel (don't remember the proper english word :) the unit, where the gears are located :)), that is connected to the standart shaft, I put new part. I'll show pictures, when I'll begin to put all things together.

Latest posts

Back