Non Vmax - My Olds project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olds Guy

Reaction score
I have a 1968 Olds Cutlass Convertible and a couple years ago I took out the 468 Chevy I had in the car (had a 200 shot of nitrous on it too) to put it back to Olds...but I wanted it to be different. I was wanting to boost it but it wasn't sure how. Soo I seen a 2003 Cobra supercharger on Ebay - bang - that is what I will use. So from there I modified a Offenhauser 2x4 intake by machining it down as low as I could, made a adapter that mounted the supercharger to the intake - I mounted it so the back edge of the super charger was straight down with the back carb opening on the intake. After this I mounted it on a block on the engine stand and figured out the drive set up. Alot of wood and cardboard made the 1st templates. I ended up using a lower Metco pulley and the accessories off a 200 Ford F-250 as they have 8 rib pulleys like the supercharger had and I noticed my truck had the same. I am running a FAST Classic EFI unit with 43lb injectors in the intake runners. I had a 5 speed in it for a couple of years but now have a 4l80E automatic in it. I am making 8 lbs of boost but when I dyno'd it - to get a tune to at least make it drive, I was only getting 3.5lbs of boost as the supercharger bypass was plumbed wrong. It had 330 hp and 400 tq at the wheels and this is with a stock 1968 bottom end 350ci motor. I did switch the heads to a open chamber smog head to lower the compression and put in a Performer RPM cam in it as it would work ok with the boost. I have not re-dyno'd it since I fix the boost by-pass. I hope you like it.
picture6371.jpg

picture6551.jpg

misc013.jpg

picture6550.jpg

misc062.jpg

cutlass002.jpg

cutlass001.jpg

068gb.jpg

066by.jpg

img20120712212553.jpg

And it fits under the hood...
1002905u.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is next to my friends 63 Suburban that had air ride and a 454 - that truck went to Germany. It was cool seeing it sitting next to a BMW and a Euro plate on it!

1002188.jpg

That right there is a thing of beauty... would only be better if ut was black, lol. Im hwlping my uncle do a 72 drop top for my aunt. Gonna stay stock w/ the 350 since she dosent need lots of power, lol. Ive learned one thing though throughout the process, stay away from nothern (ohio) cars unless you get a good one or have a LOT of patience!

Nice work!

The fabrication talent pool on this forum is pretty awesome!

Makes me feel like a novice just being to "bolt shit together"

Latest posts

Back