Drag Race bike project, gen II

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good!

What are you doing for an intake, short open stacks?

Sean don't worry, they will find out when there engine starts dragging the asphalt and is destroyed.

I understand the concept but some parts are better left alone, just my 2 cts. But I understand and look forward to the finish product.

I am just wondering why if there is no time to make more parts why can't the cad info be shared, we all know that someone has that info.

Pleeeeaaasssseeee

Because that info cost them dear time and effort. I do machine work all day long and the last thing I would do is give away my cad and programming for free.

I machined my clutch cover inserts, it took 50+ hours to machine fixtures, make the cad and programming, make changes, machine a prototype, test it , fit it and then make changes and produce a production like part.

Lets just round to a nice number of 50 hours total, though I know it was more than that. That is $3750......

That is kind of like saying, you have 5 motorcycles, just give me that one because you have so many. \

If someone is interested in making these parts, just go ahead and pay someone to reverse engineer it, and produce one for you and then share/freeware the info with everyone else after you spent $2000 to do it.....

Thats just my 2 cents on it.

Todd

I see stress risers in the parts left over from the machining. I would polish the parts to get that removed and leave the strongest possible part. The aluminum vs the steel part is going to be much weaker since they are the same approx thickness. Aluminum is strong for it's weight but no match for an equal thickness steel part for strength.

The machine work looks great but I am just not sure from a stress stand point why Yamaha designed it to be steel. Keep in mind they don't make steel on hardly anything so there would not have been any other reason to do it. This part and the front mounts are about the ONLY thing steel on the bike other then some internal engine parts.

The reason to make them originally as cast iron is very simple, to absorb and prevent engine vibration forwarding to the frame.
The engine is mounted w/o soft mounts.

I would just chamfer the outside profile to smooth out the edges. Didn't know those stock braces were steel. always thought hey would be cast alu...

If you would post your project on StarVmax .... you could get the answers you want.... Just saying

Not saying anything negative about this great forum, but alas, it is more geared toward Gen1's And StarVmax site is geared toward Gen II's.... You would have a hell of a following and interest if you posted all your info there.....

LOL! That's pretty much it as far as a "professional" forum for Gen 2 VMax's. There have been many more VRods sold than VMax's.... and VRods certainly can benefit from some added HP much more than a VMax.

That being said though I suspect the real reason is that there is a big factory effort into racing the VRod
where as with the VMax..........you're it! :) So please, keep at it!

Yep, I got there what I was asking here. Otherwise the forum seems to be quiet.

Does it exist some active and professional V-Max gen II forum somewhere?

Just one thred of my other bike as an example;
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159920

Thanks!

There is not one Gen 2 VMax in the US that is currently drag racing at a competitive level that I know of.

I see more examples coming from Japan actually, with the major modifications being done by Esper Racing.

Latest posts

Back