COPs kit reseller?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
Hi, I think I saw that Gannon was not making them anymore. Where can I still find a kit? I have to check with my friend but I guess he might need a early model kit with transistors. Thanks guys.

He is still making the kits. Just waiting on the resistors to come in (they are special made)

The rumor from the resistor manufacturer is I will have them at the end of Sept. That means mid Oct. I will have a few kits ready to go again.

G

Gannon, can I get your email? I'll forward the information to my friend and tell him to stay in touch with you about it.
Thanks

Sean. If the owner does not have a power commander kit on the bike, why does he need a COPS kit WITH RESISTORS?

I am not 100% sold that the resistors are 100% required but some of the guys in early testing had some CDI failures with running them without the resistors. If you get the ignitech unit then you can go resistorless and program the unit to match.

Sean

Lol either way you will get a harness that my hands have touched. "I bless these wires to fully take current!" Ha ha
Sorry a bit tired getting goofy without the booze.
G

I am not 100% sold that the resistors are 100% required but some of the guys in early testing had some CDI failures with running them without the resistors. If you get the ignitech unit then you can go resistorless and program the unit to match.

Sean

What are the plus's and minus's if you run the ignitech with or without the programming of resisters?

If I know my customers are getting the ignitech unit then I sell the non-resistor kit to match. The resistors can take away some of the full spark capability in my opinion but that isn't scientifically proven.

One of these days when i dyno the bike again....i will have to get a set of the wires without resistors...and swap between runs...and that should prove how much of a spark loss there is. If its significant...it should also show up with a loss of hp. Since I'm running the ignitec with resistors on the COPS it should be an hp gain...lol...maybe.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

So, do we have any of these plug and play kits available? :) I just got most of the essentials where they need to be, and this would be a very nice investment I would think. Oh, mine is an 85, so I would need the resistor setup, if I am reading all the above correctly.

Joe

Got an '85. Homemade COPS kit, because none were available at the time. Cost me about $25.00 total, and an hours time to solder things up. No resistors, because nobody ever even thought of needing them. At least 15,000 miles since. Zero problems.

Got an '85. Homemade COPS kit, because none were available at the time. Cost me about $25.00 total, and an hours time to solder things up. No resistors, because nobody ever even thought of needing them. At least 15,000 miles since. Zero problems.

You know, I would love to know how ya did this. :) Perhaps you could provide a fella with some guidance? :)

Grab an old cops harness from an R1, GSX750 , 1000 and many more . Once you have the female connectors and some old Vmax coil connectors, your good to go. Solder,some shrink tubing, a llittle wire, and sommething like split plastic conduit to keep it neat will work well. It's only a two wire system. The polarity, I or someone else here can get for you. On the coil connection,follow OEM polarity.

That's impresive milage Bill. I hope I get even close to 100k. 51k on the clock now. Well broken in .
Steve

Latest posts

Back