Tricks to plug the carbs back in??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New boots can be a bear, but just like on a woman, you WANT that tight fit. If you stretch the side walls out too much and start throwing hotdogs down hallways, you get air leaks and cracks. No good my friend. Try and apply equal downward pressure on all four carbs after warming the boots up and using some type of rubber safe lube. Try heating them up with a pot of hot water, use leather gloves and work fast before they cool down. I wouldn't heat them up above 180*. I believe the reason the boots are hard to begin with is to create minimal expanding and contracting of the boot do to heating up and cooling down. If you add chemicals to make it soft, it may induce more expanding and contracting which could lead to cracks and imperfections causing leaks. Also making them soft will wear them out faster. If you put sand paper on steel, it hardly scratches. If you sand a stick of butter.....well you get the point. Maybe I am WAYYYYY over thinking this, but better safe than sorry.

Back