lithium battery on ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just placed my order for that Apex Dennis is talking about. More than double the CCA's of my Odyssey and half the cost.
Jack.

^ And from what I've experienced with the UB12180 (18 Ah - 283 CCA) I have, they should last just as long as the Odyssey.
Mine is going on 7 years old now and still reads over 13 Volts after sitting for weeks at a time.

I'd upgrade, but my UB12220 won't die. I never trickle charge it. Even in the lay up of the North-East winter. Like mentioned, it's also a powerful cranker. At the marina, my second home, the junk battery pile is vast. Just as many Odyssey batts as other brands. Though I'll admit, the environment around marine use is harsh. Lots of happy odyssey battery guys here too. $100 saved in My pocket is always a good thing.

Lithium batteries are not 12v or 12cell as stated on ebay. If it is Lithium-Ion it is 3.6v per cell, 3 cells equals 10.8volts which would be about there 13.8v as they say(charged). If they are not balance charged they do not have a very long life typically, and if you ever run it flat, it is the dead forever. I would avoid them if they are not being charged with the correct charger. They are potentially much more dangerous than a standard battery, I wouldn't want to be sitting on one either. when they catch fire they burn like you can't believe until you see. Phones use these but are only a single cell therefore they do not need balanced, and you phone has a low voltage cut off built in to stop it from going fully flat.

I'm running a shorai lithium that I got for way less than that, and it's a work horse and a half that's for sure. I know several other guys with the same shorai that have been running them for several years and have them reading 12.8 after sitting in the bike untouched for a month.

Good lithium batteries will certainly hold there charges for a very long time, longer than lead acid, that's for sure. They also have lots of guts. I was just telling George a little about them as general information since the way that the Ebay ad states the facts is not correct, that's all. I sell, use and charge lithium batteries every day in my work and am very familiar with them. That is why I choose not to sit on one if I have the choice. I'm glad that yours has been so good for you.

Matt

Have had a Shoria battery for almost 3 years now and it's great ( it also weighs NOTHING). Wish I could take another 10 pounds off the bike ( and myself) as easily.
Not really concerned about sitting on one though----Old Hondas had the voltage rectifier right there and they did go up in smoke once in a while. Haven't heard any horror stories about Li batteries lately??
Lew

If you're Drag Racing your bike and want to shave every pound possible, I'd say Yes.
Otherwise I'd get a UB12220 (22 Ah - 420 CCA) for about $52 shipped:
http://www.apexbattery.com/ub1220-12v-22ah-battery.html

wow nice info for this battery. i ddint have a clue. i see many use this battery. how could i havent heard about it. i think i wll make an order too. thanks alot for the info brothers

So how do people put this battery in a Gen1? My stock battery is 2 3/8 thick and barley fits in the box. This battery is 3" thick.
YUASA YB16AL-A2 Dimensions: 8.125" x 2.8125" x 6.4375" (Stock Battery)
UB12220 Dimnsions: 7.13" x 3.01" x 6.57"
UB12180 Dimensions: 7.13" x 3.01" x 6.57"

It's Only slightly bigger than the stock battery.
2.8125" = 2-13/16", Not 2-3/8".
That's only 1/16" difference.
The UB12180 fit in the Stock battery box fine for me and the UB12220 is the same size.

We sell the Earth X batteries but they aren't as cheap as these others.

Back