BIG THANKS to Dragmaxster! Still need some help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after hoses id make sure your wet float level is correct and i might have missed what needles are you running?...they might need a shim to the richer side...i had similar issue on one of my bikes and that fixed her right up....

I had the carbs rebuilt and Dragmaxster (John) said they were 160's and I actually go one size smaller. I just checked the tracking and the hoses will be here today so we will see.

I'm a nube here but have you check your tank & fuel filter for rust build up? I was having some stumbling much worse than yours and when I pulled the fuel filter it was filled with rust and the tank had been left half full at best by the PO. Cleaned and sealed it and seems to be running fine now.

The fuel filter was the first thing I did and it needed to be replaced but wasn't horrible. Then I took apart the fuel pump to check it out and checked the gas tank, they were both fine.

I had the carbs rebuilt and Dragmaxster (John) said they were 160's and I actually go one size smaller. I just checked the tracking and the hoses will be here today so we will see.

Dyno jet 160's are what was in there- that equals to 150 mikuni jets-
I still think think you need a larger main jet with the K&N filter and the pipe-
Did you ever find out if it was a full on pipe instead of slip on- i think it's full on because there is no place for the heatshields--
I just changed my mains to 155's yesterday (for fuel mileage) and it runs great.
You should try 152.5's and if it helps you are on the right track.
I have 152.5's if you need them.

^^^^ Have you done the vent lines?

I am having the same issue, and would like to know if the vent lines helped you out? Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

^^^^ Have you done the vent lines?

I am having the same issue, and would like to know if the vent lines helped you out? Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

I know that the vent lines helped out the person that posted right above you. Lethal dose (Kyle). You can always pm him.

I think the vent lines might have helped me, but I changed more than one thing at once, so we'll sort of never know.

well i ran the carbs with stage 7 and individual filters with no issues. but my tank wraps around the filters so the aerodynamic is kinda different. Well i guess its not a good comparison point. I put hoses on them just for protection and not getting crap in the vents.

Attachments

• 18032011344.jpg
    18032011344.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back