Rear Sets who is running them

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1967vmax

Reaction score
Scrubbing the pegs so i am looking at Wr,s rear sets which i like cause they have 5 settings i seen Exectrep sales them to but dont like the looks of them and they dont look like they any settings. So who out here is running rear sets and what brand did you go with?

I've got the WRS rear sets. They are decent. The instructions are in Japanese which doesn't help much. I got them mounted eventually. They have lots of spacers of different sizes that need to be used in the correct locations. Also the left rear set was a little bit of a pain I eventually got it mounted but had to get all the mounting bolts started loosely at the same time then tighten down or it would not line up correctly.

I have rear sets on all of my 3 maxes. 1 set Otec (best set I've seen), another is Ozzo and the 3rd is custom made.

Otec

footrest%20alu.jpg

Ozzo

HR-RS-003.jpg

Running a set of rearsets for same reason as the op. Tried them at lowest setting and was a shedload worse, edges of my boots were gone in no time. Set them in higher position (no thanks to the guy that sold them to me who neglected to mention that he had bent the billet piece and that meant the gear change mechanism fouled and made gear changes impossible). It was only a minor bend but caused no end of trouble to rectify, the only saving grace is I know if I ever drop the bike on the gear side I will definitely suffer for it even if the peg and lever survive. Had the rearsets been mint, things would have been instantly a lot better, as it was it took hours to fix that bend issue. All that said, now its done I love the new peg position. I am looking for a pic that shows the differences from a visual aspect, although the bike was desperately in need of washing so apologies if it looks unloved in the photo, not one for washing the bike while working on things, usually sit back after the last bolt goes in and think 'right, thats done, drink time'.

Any and all clearance issues have now gone and with the centre stand off (looked odd when fitted with the delkevics) I now have no idea where the limit is. But with winter well and truly here it might take a few months to find out.

Attachments

• IMG_9068.JPG
    IMG_9068.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 95
When i bought them (second hand) they were advertised as 'Ridea rear set foot pegs and controls'. I had no further info on them and bought them more on price than aesthetics or any previous knowledge, that and the fact stock pegs were no longer an option on mine as ground clearance was an issue. I tried a quick search at the time and came up blank so bought them quick as I hadnt seen them before (or since). Once I had them i didnt search for info on them again so cant help beyond that. Whether I paid too much or got a bargain is something I may never know for sure unless someone on here recognises the name.

If memory serves, when i looked at them when they arrived they didnt have ridea written on them. They are a fairly industrial looking unit, using flat billet plates and spacers rather than one nice piece of carved aluminium. But once fitted I grew to really like the look.

EDIT :- found them. Where ridea came into his ad I have no idea, maybe it was a typo and he meant to write rider. They are actually Coerce rearsets

http://www.maxmcdirect.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DA06BY24

Ps. I did ok on the price :)

Last edited:
Im running WRS Battlestep ( i think thats the right model at least, lol) and i LOVE em! A little bit of a pain on the install for the right side but good overall. The change in foot position isnt as drastic as Otecs setup which keeps things nice and comfy if you happen to be north of 6' tall, lol. Best tip i can give if you get them is to use locktight! I had a screw come loose on my shifter... total havoc for when you want be bangin gears, lol.

Back