oil leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennsVmax

Reaction score
Looking for helpful suggestions.

I have a small leak from 2 cylinders, any suggestions on the cause, and is it ok to leave as is or does it need to be repaired.

If repaired what would I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
Glennoil leak 2 cylinders.jpg

oil leak close up.jpg

Looks like it's from the weep hole to the plug area,Glen. Check around the plug. clean if off and see where it's coming from while riding it. Talc is my favoroite leak finder. Make sure it isn't dripping down from above the plug. Doesn't look very serious. Possible valve cover top screw seal, or cover gasket. Minor at worst.
Steve-o

Thank you both for your helpful suggestions. I will try what both of you suggested. I am not seeing any oil on the floor in my carport so its pretty minor in volume but glad to hear its not going to be expensive to fix.

Thank you for your help!

After 22 yrs of marriage my wife has decided its time to ride with me. Did not take her long to determine she is not that comfortable on the back of the VMax so now will be looking to pick up an older cruiser for when I ride with her.

We need to set your wife up with a backrest and one of our reshaped passenger seats (and we can set you up with one as well). Will make a huge difference in her comfort level).

Of course another option is an old Venture? They can usually be found pretty cheap these days. I have an 83 we're getting running that would be pretty cheap but it's not the prettiest bike by any means.

Latest posts

Back