Maxflow

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gulrok

Reaction score
I've been going back and forth between replacing my exhaust or replacing the mufflers. It has awful, ugly, botched, and dented supertrapps from the previous owners. I didn't realize it really needed to be replaced until after I got under it today to inspect, and boy are those pipes rusty.

So, I've been looking at the maxflow pipes, and starriderperformance on ebay offered me a 10% discount for police/fire/ems.

Does anyone have experience with these pipes? They appear to be what UFO was.

They list

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-V-Ma...ash=item3adfb212fb:g:8EMAAOSw44BYWsEM&vxp=mtr

1.5" OD
0.065 Wall Tubing
Mandrel Bent
Hand Welded
Ceramic Coated Inside and Out
2" or 2.5" Baffle Core Options
End Caps Available in 1.5", 2.0" and 2.5" Outlets
No Need To Cut Center Stand Mounts
Center Stand Can Be Attached For Service
SS Clamps
100% MADE IN USA, NORTON, OHIO

--

Is 1.5" OD larger than the stock exhaust OD?

Secondly, I really like the 4 into 1 look, but does 4 into 2 have performance results on the bike?

Options?:
4 to 1 vs 4 to 2
Slashcut vs Megaphone?
2" vs 2.5" Baffle Core
1.5"vs 2.0" vs 2.5" Outlets

Thanks again.

I've been going back and forth between replacing my exhaust or replacing the mufflers. It has awful, ugly, botched, and dented supertrapps from the previous owners. I didn't realize it really needed to be replaced until after I got under it today to inspect, and boy are those pipes rusty.

So, I've been looking at the maxflow pipes, and starriderperformance on ebay offered me a 10% discount for police/fire/ems.

Does anyone have experience with these pipes? They appear to be what UFO was.

They list

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-V-Ma...ash=item3adfb212fb:g:8EMAAOSw44BYWsEM&vxp=mtr

1.5" OD
0.065 Wall Tubing
Mandrel Bent
Hand Welded
Ceramic Coated Inside and Out
2" or 2.5" Baffle Core Options
End Caps Available in 1.5", 2.0" and 2.5" Outlets
No Need To Cut Center Stand Mounts
Center Stand Can Be Attached For Service
SS Clamps
100% MADE IN USA, NORTON, OHIO

--

Is 1.5" OD larger than the stock exhaust OD?

Secondly, I really like the 4 into 1 look, but does 4 into 2 have performance results on the bike?

Options?:
4 to 1 vs 4 to 2
I doubt you'll notice a difference either way. 4-1 is typically better in top end while 4-2 typically better in low end.

Slashcut vs Megaphone?
Megaphone is a touch quieter. No real performance difference

2" vs 2.5" Baffle Core
No real performance difference. 2.5 is lower.

1.5"vs 2.0" vs 2.5" Outlets
Bigger is noisier.

Thanks again.

I don't think you'll notice much performance difference in any of these options. Only looks and noise.

Expect it to be loud no matter what

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you don't re-jet the 4/1 won't give you anything extra except noise. It's the UFO continuation of products under the guy who worked w/Jon Cornell. I have a UFO 4/1 and it was (is) very, very loud, until I changed the tip to a literbike canister to quiet it. Yes, I had it re-jetted, a full Dynojet Stage 7 but I retained the VBoost.

Very similar to the VooDoo we sell. It is a UFO type design sold by Mike Lees (Star Rider Performance). All the full headers put out similar power so just buy them based on looks, cost, and sound.

Sean

Sean you had told me before buying my 05, based on a photo, you thought mine were UFO's. Is there a way to tell for sure?
And gulrok if you are considering slash cut you might find you will want to wear ear plugs on any long rides. My ears star humming after about 30 minutes if I don't wear them, it can become kind of annoying. But it sounds pretty freakin wicked.
Very similar to the VooDoo we sell. It is a UFO type design sold by Mike Lees (Star Rider Performance). All the full headers put out similar power so just buy them based on looks, cost, and sound.

Sean

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Heres a pic
1c93b25446acd516240b4d5c000c3439.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I've already sent Sean an email about his carb kit.

It'll be the next paycheck that I can go with it from him. I feel like I always email him for parts/advice but never end up acting on it.

Latest posts

Back