Tail light and grab bar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We sell the custom dynamics stuff and it's good products. They supply me with the item I use to modify the rear reflector to keep it looking almost 100% stock but a functioning brake and run light!
Hey Sean, can you post a pic and price of you can still get these? My buddy said he couldnt hardly see my cbr taillight the other day with the sun shining bright. I need more lights and want it to look almost stock.

You're right to increase the conspicuity of your rear, especially at night. I have a Custom Dynamics license plate light frame, and it's a big difference in the visibility of the bike at night. I run the stock taillight, it's appearance has never bothered me. I have a CBR all-in-one taillight sitting so I can do a mod should the itch hit me (and not a texting driver!).

Another big visibility-enhancer is a white helmet. Simple, but very noticeable from a long way off compared to a black one. I cannot recall where I read the study on this, but the fact it's also the highest point of the bike/rider also had something to do w/it. Unless you like the apehanger look...
images

I have a custom grab bar light I bought off another member here and use a trio of Custom Dynamic Knight Rider lights as my main tail/ brake lights. I have middle light of the knight rider lights set to flash 5 times then go solid red like the other two.
Running/ taillights with full sunlight (~2 PM) from behind camera:
IMG_1196.jpg*

Brake light on with full sunlight (~2 PM) from behind camera:
Brakes in daylight.jpg*

I have since reconfigured the 3 knight rider lights to be better aimed (hopefully!) towards a vehicle behind me since the lights do not have a wide viewing angle.

*Not DOT certified!

I've never seen another one around. I bought it off a guy from Georgia in 2010. He had it made for his Vmax but has since sold it I believe.

Latest posts

Back