Opinions on Metzeler Roadtec Z6 tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImCannibal

Reaction score
I'm considering these to use as my leap into radials, what do you guys think? They're on sale right now on bike bandit and I think they'll work out nicely, since I can't find the shinko 011 or 009 in a size that will fit the factory front max wheel

You...well I didn't notice the difference when I had 2 different brands of tyres on the bike

Would it be weird to mix a metzeler front with a shinko rear?
I ran that exact setup and it worked well. 110 on front, 170 on rear both bias ply.
I am running Shinko Verge 011 on front and rear. 120/ 70 18 front and 200/50 18 rear. I am very happy with these tires for their grip and life so far ~6000 miles.

Last edited:
I am on my second one on the front (110) and I am not impressed. Both have worn very strangely and cause some bad vibrations.

The current one is about half worn and I ready to change it due this reason.

I will be switching to another brand.

Mike

I switched to PR3 and ended up happier. I think the z6 are fine but PR3 are better.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

+1 to what Danny said, The handling is fantastic on the Z6's. I ran two sets before I went to the similar z8's this year, and I like them a lot so far. 120/70/17 in front w/1 once of Dyna Beads. 180/55/17 in back needing no balancing. Off topic a bit-sorry, but I ran without the Beads first, then added them and test rode. I'll keep using them. The ride is smooth.
If my Metzler tires don't say Germany on them? I won't buy them. I call and verify before buying.

Metzeler has the 110/80r18 in radial for the front and I want to put a shinko 011 180/55r17 on the rear, both tires are on sale for $100 each so I think that would be a pretty solid way to go as my first leap into the radial world.

The Z6's for me, were a great rain tire. Toward the end of their useable life the front did cup badly. As did most 110/80's I've tried.
I'd not hesitate to buy Shinko's again either. Grip is where it's at!

Latest posts

Back