2.5-3" front rim that fits the 1st Gen Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biker Dash

Reaction score
Where as I am a motherfucking stupid fuck, I ordered a 120/90-18 Avon for the front of my bike. The Stock 2.15 rim is too narrow, from what I am finding out. So, I will either have to order a tire that is SMALLER than my friggin piece of shit 110/90 Dunlop, or stick with a piece of shit Dunlop, which I hate enough to want to start cutting.

If the 120 will not work on the stock V-max rim, (which it looks strongly like it will not) I need a wider rim. I found one in Dennis Kirk that would be the right size, but they want nearly TWELVE HUNDRED FRIGGIN DOLLARS for it.

Are there ANY factory 18" rims out there that are 2.5-3" in width, that will fit the V-max?

Where as I am a motherfucking stupid fuck, I ordered a 120/90-18 Avon for the front of my bike. The Stock 2.15 rim is too narrow, from what I am finding out. So, I will either have to order a tire that is SMALLER than my friggin piece of shit 110/90 Dunlop, or stick with a piece of shit Dunlop, which I hate enough to want to start cutting.

If the 120 will not work on the stock V-max rim, (which it looks strongly like it will not) I need a wider rim. I found one in Dennis Kirk that would be the right size, but they want nearly TWELVE HUNDRED FRIGGIN DOLLARS for it.

Are there ANY factory 18" rims out there that are 2.5-3" in width, that will fit the V-max?

Can you cancel your order

A 120 is not recommended for the stock wheel. However, it will fit. Many members here have run a 120 on the stock wheel with no issues, myself included.

Same with a 170 on the rear. Not recommended but its been done many times.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

A 120/70-18 is the usual 120 used on the stock wheel. Many use it but it is not recommended. A 120/90 is not a size I am familiar with but would be much larger I believe. :confused2:

A 120/70-18 is the usual 120 used on the stock wheel. Many use it but it is not recommended. A 120/90 is not a size I am familiar with but would be much larger I believe. :confused2:

A 120/70 is a radial size with a short sidewall. This is definitely NOT recommended.

A 120/90 is bias size with taller sidewall. It will fit. It will be really close to the fender and the rim width is a bit narrow but I have yet to hear of anyone having an issue with it.

To the OP: do a google search "120/90/18 site:vmaxforum.net". Plenty of info and examples of guys running this tire.

A 120/70 is a radial size with a short sidewall. This is definitely NOT recommended.

A 120/90 is bias size with taller sidewall. It will fit. It will be really close to the fender and the rim width is a bit narrow but I have yet to hear of anyone having an issue with it.

To the OP: do a google search "120/90/18 site:vmaxforum.net". Plenty of info and examples of guys running this tire.

qft.

you'll be fine.

also there is no other bolt up rim to fit a gen1, so you'd be spending $500 (to have kosman widen one) or $800+ on a cazz to fit a $80 tire... hah.

qft.

you'll be fine.

also there is no other bolt up rim to fit a gen1, so you'd be spending $500 (to have kosman widen one) or $800+ on a cazz to fit a $80 tire... hah.

Aftermarket rims are in the future... when I get the chain drive for Woona lol
(gonna take a LOT of saving for that)

I'm running my second 120 bias on a stock rim. Works fine for me, but I'm not what you'd call a really hard rider. I like the fact that the tire did lessen the speedometer error a bit. Got 2 rears (also Shinko Tourmaster 170's) to one front, and it still had a few miles left in it..

Ok, I'm getting close to a thousand miles on the new tires. I love them! Glad that I have you guys to help with the questions I have. Otherwise I suspect I would have stuck with the stock dunlops...

I'm running my second 120 bias on a stock rim. Works fine for me, but I'm not what you'd call a really hard rider. I like the fact that the tire did lessen the speedometer error a bit. Got 2 rears (also Shinko Tourmaster 170's) to one front, and it still had a few miles left in it..

I think our only disagreement was for the 120 radial which comes in a 70 aspect ratio and mushrooms the tire like crazy. agree with the bias.

Back