Your bikes name.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've named everything since my first bicycle (wildfire). I some times am concerned ill run out of names. Since the only guy I ride with who has a power cruiser rides a valkeryie, I was thinking about calling it "einherjar" after the Norse fallen warriors that are served mead and meat nightly by the valkeryies. But I didn't much like the idea of being a 'fallen'.

As it turned out I was coming a round a sweeping curve and had it cranked up a few days after I bought it when I passed a broke down motorist. I turned a around to help an who should it be but my valk riding friend! First words out of his mouth,"What the hell is that!? I knew something big was coming but all I saw was a blur!"

That settled that.

I pretty much end up calling mine "the bike". Since there's only one here now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've named everything since my first bicycle (wildfire). I some times am concerned ill run out of names. Since the only guy I ride with who has a power cruiser rides a valkeryie, I was thinking about calling it "einherjar" after the Norse fallen warriors that are served mead and meat nightly by the valkeryies. But I didn't much like the idea of being a 'fallen'.

As it turned out I was coming a round a sweeping curve and had it cranked up a few days after I bought it when I passed a broke down motorist. I turned a around to help an who should it be but my valk riding friend! First words out of his mouth,"What the hell is that!? I knew something big was coming but all I saw was a blur!"

That settled that.
Great Story.

Thanks to Traumahawk and his idea, i have decided to name my '85 "NEMESIS". NEMESIS was the goddess of indignation against, and retribution for, evil deeds and undeserved good fortune. I tossed around about 10 different names ranging from Greek gods/goddesses, to Japanese names, to famous warriors. I just couldnt come up with anything that sounded as cool as NEMESIS for her.

I'm not that inventive with my bike names, they're usually named after their color - Red, Lil'Blue, Smokie.
But there are only so many colors, so now I have:

Max
P1100005.JPG

and Hemi (you try pronounce Rfvc :rofl_200:)
P1070438.JPG

Thanks to Traumahawk and his idea, i have decided to name my '85 "NEMESIS". NEMESIS was the goddess of indignation against, and retribution for, evil deeds and undeserved good fortune. I tossed around about 10 different names ranging from Greek gods/goddesses, to Japanese names, to famous warriors. I just couldnt come up with anything that sounded as cool as NEMESIS for her.
Excellent Name. :D

Never been big on naming my machines, just boring like that... but friends and family starting referring to the max as 'The Beast' so my hand was forced.

Looking to do a horror show paint job on it in the nearish future. So I took the beast theme and the eventual paint job and landed at 'Creature' as in Creature Feature Show :)

I just ordered my new tag. This is just an example of what it'll look like. (except will be a motorcycle tag).

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367512525475.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367512525475.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 20
Not big on naming my stuff either... It's just "my bike"

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Glad that I can help. For some strage reason...undeserved good fortune, always makes me think of Harleys....lol...not the bike that they are supposed to be...

Lmao! When you first told me Nemesis was the goddess of retribution, thats the first thing i thought about too. Also, in modern language, "nemesis" is like a rival, or enemy. Harleys are the VMAX's nemesis.

First 97 called V1, second one is called V2.......
Pilots will get the joke....hahahah a

You skipped one there... What about Vref? Or you intentionally overlooked it? :biglaugh:

That's wrong on so many LEVELS. :rofl_200:

I called my 07 VMAXED and now my 09 Mr. Max he is so much more grown up.

Hey Roscoe what levels are those? I've been in aviation for the last 15 years and didn't get that one...

You skipped one there... What about Vref? Or you intentionally overlooked it? :biglaugh:

Hey Roscoe what levels are those? I've been in aviation for the last 15 years and didn't get that one...

His level of speed for take off and levels of altitudes.

When asked, it's Taz. The first time I rode it the tasmanian devil came to mind, rude, loud and just plain mean. But, to myself I call it Tammara cause I'ma ride that black bitch Tammara!

Back