New 2018

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glickmpb

Reaction score
All,

Just joined the board and just put money down on a 2018 Vmax. Im doing a lot of reading and people complain about the center of gravity and performance?

All feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Welcome and congrats on the new Vmax. I'd be surprised if anyone complained about the performance of the Gen 2.

All,

Just joined the board and just put money down on a 2018 Vmax. Im doing a lot of reading and people complain about the center of gravity and performance?

Congrats on the 2018, I myself just purchased one. Waiting for the dealer to call when it's in. If your not a member join the starvmax.com forum, it's all gen 2. This is more of a gen 1 forum, but allot of members have, or have had both. The biggest I wouldn't say complaint, is that it's a big bike, and it's noticeable at slow speeds, other than that I haven't seen any complaints. Just lots and lots of mods. Air intake, exhaust, cat delete, slip ons, ECU reflash (Nash flash). Wide wheel. I've been reading that forum since I joined almost every night. Just like this forum, allot of great people helping fellow max owners.:clapping::punk::eusa_dance:

All,

I own a 2017 vmax. I’ve put just over 25000 miles on it in just over 12 months. Its not my daily driver. It’s my 2nd bike since 1985. No comparison. This is no crotch rocket. It does not handle like one and never will. It’s a sport cruiser. If ur shorter than 5’10 you might have some difficulty at stop signs and maybe cg will be an issue. I’m 5’10. No problems. Performance wise This bike is the top fuelers of them all. It’s got the looks and plenty of grunt. Enjoy it for what it was meant for. Straight line and to just cruise. I’ve adjusted the suspension to fit my needs. Very comfortable. It does have a short range. For me 80 -100 miles is long enough. If need be there are aftermarket fuel tanks that will allow you to travel additional approx. 75 -100 miles. FYI after riding it the first few hours. You’ll need to buy new shirts with longer sleeves. [emoji23] safe riding my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back