DIY Cutdown Seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Garrett, I'll give you a holler when Clintard says he is done or maybe he wants to buy it, who knows. I see you have been around for a while too so I am fine letting the seat make the rounds. I will NOT take any extra money for it. You pay whatever shipping is to get it to you and back to me unless you HAVE to have it! Now if I can just get one of you suckers to loan me their Magnacharger!
PATMAX:punk:

sounds good man.... if i get one i'll probably order it thru sean as i have 2x cores to trade in. i really appreciate the offer bro!

Got the Muscle seat patmax lent me, made by sean morley this am.

Im blown away. The quality is OUTSTANDING. I think its built better, and sturdier, with better materials than the stock by far.

I still cant touch 100% flat footed, so it didnt really lower me by much at all. That being said, i took her on a 150 mile test ride before the rain kicked in. This thing seems like it was hand sculpted for my ass.

Went 90 miles till the light came on, without stopping. No ass discomofort whatsoever. My ass didnt even START to ache, you know, where you have to readjust it for a little relief.

I felt i could have rode literally all day without getting off the bike. Foot position is great. I feel more confident on the bike too. Like i said im absolutely blown away by the quality and craftsmanship in this seat and it totally exceeded my expectations. Sean knows his stuff.

The only fitment issue i ran into is i have a bolt on sissy bar and the rear section is made for the stock grabrail i think. The bolts for my sissy bar wont let the muscle rear section fit on properly without rubbing on the vinyl and scratching the shit out of it. I could have MADE it fit but the bolts would be pushing into the vinyl. I didnt want to scuff it up so i left my stock rear section on it for now.

I really feel like an asshole for this so let me explain. We had talked about shipping this seat out and around for different people to try out but im not going to be able to do that.

Im going to send patmax his money and keep it. If i had more time i would be MORE than glad and willing to ship this to someone else and keep it going around as an advertisement, because once you try it you WILL buy it.

The problem is, i travel for work and I got a call yesterday and instead of heading out on the 13th like expected, they want me to head out at 5am bright and early monday morning. :(

If you dont know what i do, i travel around the country in 3000 gallon tanker truck that i drive down the railroad tracks and spray herbicide to control vegetation. With the way the weather has been, were starting 2 weeks early. I wont have time monday to ship the seat out before i leave and honestly do not have room in my truck to bring it with me and ship it when i could get a chance. I can barely fit what i HAVE to take with me and this seat is too nice to be anywhere but inside the cab. I dont want to chance ruining it by getting chemical on it if i were to keep it in one of my boxes. You should see my tools. The shit i spray is corrosive and eats them alive, and they are in a sealed toolbox. Im really sorry guys.

Patrick, I really appreciate your kindness. Your a stand up guy. Thank you sir, your the man!

Sean. I seriously think you would see a hefty increase in sales if you could ship around a test seat like we planned to do with this one!

Thanks for the kind words Clintard but you might have to schmooz Garrett now that he is not gonna see that seat! I don't blame you one bit for keeping it. The more you ride it, the more you will realize how better a rider you will be with a confidence inspiring seat position. I still have a Starfighter if any of you long time forum users want to test ride it. I'd rather Sean get the business though and he could probably make you a Starfighter-esque seat. I forgot to mention that I switched to a stock seat for a fast ride with my fellow Maxers and felt quite out of sorts since you sit up so high and cannot lean out as readily. I need all the help I can get maintaining speed in the turns riding with boys putting out 127 to 160 rwhp 1st gen bikes. I really need that 1500 motor Sean ! Enjoy Clint and careful around them chemicals. PATMAX.:punk:

hey no worries clint and pat. glad you like the seat clint! i'm sure i can figure out a way to make sure i would like the positioning and such...

maybe i'll talk to sean about what he can offer for me... as always, thanks guys!

I've sent seats before for testing and the knowledge that if they liked it they kept it and paid at that time (and if they didn't all they were out is the shipping both ways - which has gotten higher lately). I've only ever got 2 back.

Our normal seat is lower by far then stock and I don't recall if the one we did for patmax was that style or the "higher" seat. We've taken in almost everyone elses seat at one time or another in trade when they tried out mine and liked it more.

Sean

Sean and I talked back and forth about what I wanted to do with my seat. I even sent a very crude photo shopped picture of my idea. Now that I look back on the process I really appreciate Sean's patience and guidance in getting me a custom seat for Redbone. The seat is the right height for me (the "higher" seat) and is ultra comfortable to boot.
Garrett, email/ call Sean so he can help you with your fitment and I'm sure you will be happy as a clntard with your new Morley Muscle Seat. :thumbs up:

Attachments

• IMG_2788.jpg
    IMG_2788.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2769.jpg
    IMG_2769.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 69
Redbone's is the very one I asked Sean to duplicate when he built mine. Less the 'nametag' of course.

That seat is the number one best 'mod' I could have ever done for my bike.... Makes the ride 100plus % better.

Thanks again Sean!

Uncle Philthy

Well boys, you're convincing me to go with a Sean's seat. As long as he thinks he can fix or refoam the front section of mine. Also want the improved rear section for a passenger, must keep the wife and kids comfy too.

Mike

Redbone's is the very one I asked Sean to duplicate when he built mine. Less the 'nametag' of course.

That seat is the number one best 'mod' I could have ever done for my bike.... Makes the ride 100plus % better.

Thanks again Sean!

Uncle Philthy

I've sat on Phil's seat and fell in love instantly. It's a million miles better than my Corbin, which I can't wait to send to Sean for mod. Not quite decided on whether I want to stay with the Corbin or go back to an OEM one when I get Sean to do it, but I think I'll have to stick with Corbin because of my Fatmax bags, which I like a lot.

Well boys, you're convincing me to go with a Sean's seat. As long as he thinks he can fix or refoam the front section of mine. Also want the improved rear section for a passenger, must keep the wife and kids comfy too.

Mike

Sean reworked all those sections for me, Back section for the wife, Driver area. Perfect!! Sean is real easy to deal with. Went with the custom Stitch on the flip section, raised VMAX is RED. Seen it on Redbone and had to add that to the upgrade. Could not be happier. Stock seat would kill me under 100 miles. So far I have done 450 miles and could walk and chew bubble gum.

Sean reworked all those sections for me, Back section for the wife, Driver area. Perfect!! Sean is real easy to deal with. Went with the custom Stitch on the flip section, raised VMAX is RED. Seen it on Redbone and had to add that to the upgrade. Could not be happier. Stock seat would kill me under 100 miles. So far I have done 450 miles and could walk and chew bubble gum.
Well, I have the Sean's seat and it is waaay comfortable but I still cannot walk and chew bubble gum.
I must of forgot to ask Sean to add that option! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Mike
DUIT Mike, you won't be sorry! :thumbs up: Besides you have been slacking in the mods this week, get on it dude!:biglaugh:

DUIT Mike, you won't be sorry! :thumbs up: Besides you have been slacking in the mods this week, get on it dude!:biglaugh:

Thanks for the kick in the pants, Brian

Your right, I have been a little distracted lately and need to get the mods done asap - about one month before we can ride.

I will get right on it, boss! MUST MOD SOMETHING!

Mike

you WILL NOT be dissapointed with seans seat. The basket weave material on the one i have is some really tough shit. Better materials used than stock and the stitching is perfect.

Just received my seat from Sean it looks
SWEEEETTTTTT!!!! Hope to get it on this
week between snow storms. Can't say
enough about Sean's service. Sent me the
seat before receiving my check, what else
can you ask for.
+ 100 karma points for Sean !
Thanks,
Chris

Today was my first ride after Sean redid the seat. This might be the best $ ever spent on your vmax. Seriously

Wanna spend some well spent money... get rid of the crappy tricycle OEM handlebars with some 35.00 drag bars.. Talk about a difference in the feel of control in the bike with this 35.00!!

Any OEM vmax owner needs to shit can the oem horse saddle of a seat and mickey mouse tricycle handlebars you will be saying wow I wish I would have done this first.

Wanna spend some well spent money... get rid of the crappy tricycle OEM handlebars with some 35.00 drag bars.. Talk about a difference in the feel of control in the bike with this 35.00!!

Any OEM vmax owner needs to shit can the oem horse saddle of a seat and mickey mouse tricycle handlebars you will be saying wow I wish I would have done this first.

I like the feel of the stock bars, so far. Then again, I don't know any better because I have yet to ride a vmax with drag bars. I'd be interested to give it a try.

I like the feel of the stock bars, so far. Then again, I don't know any better because I have yet to ride a vmax with drag bars. I'd be interested to give it a try.

i actually just switched from flanders drag bars back to stock. the reach was too far with my short arms and bummed shoulders.

i may be convinced to send out the bars for someone to try.. just pay shipping to ya. if you want 'em buy 'em, if you don't send 'em back.. ,kind of like what this thread turned into.. and then evolved.

Latest posts

Back