DDM Tuning HID Install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the flickering thing then no light. Tracked it down to one of the connectors. I believe it was the one between ballast and bulb.
It was 5 months ago, so I don't remember specifics, but you will find it sparking and getting hot. NICE, RIGHT?
Anyways I think I fiddled around with the connections and bent something to get a better contact. Dielectric grease to keep it clean, and it hasn't been an issue sense. Only checked to see if it was still getting hot when I finished the "repair", and it did not get hot.

I put in a set of relays from Eastern Beaver, and have all the light I need. The full 12v getting to the stock wattage bulb seems bright enough for me.. If I really want more light, I'd run a 80/100 watt bulb with the relays. I've used these bulbs before I did the relay mod, never had a problem with heat due to the higher wattage, but relaying the system might make things a bit hotter. Just a thought..
I run with Eastern Beaver relays since '08 or '09 and in '10 I added a 100/55 bulb. I'm still running that same bulb today and while it does get hot I've not had issues with any melted connections.
The additional lighting is great on high beam but low beam still could be better. I don't ride at night much so it is ok.

Latest posts

Back