Oops I left out the special washer!?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne z

Reaction score
Well, I had my left side engine covers off to fix an oil leak at the pick-up wires joint. The might as wells got me and I decided to prep and re-paint the covers while they were off.

Went for a 25 mile high speed test run today, and after looking in the hole under the clutch bleed boot during post-ride inspection, I think it's fixed.

Then I looked over at the bench and saw the "special washer" that goes under the small cover!

So, does anyone know what the heck it is for, and what's the consequences of leaving it out?

Are you referring to the washer that goes behind the tuning fork emblem on the stator cover? That is about 2"dia. & has a shoulder stamped area around the ID of the washer? This is to assist with cooling of the stator & cover. *If so you can re-install without having to remove the stator cover, only remove the tuning fork emblem then just place the washer in with the shoulder facing the crankshaft/flywheel.

Back