4 barrell carb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the Magna super charger used a 390 holley 4-bbl. I do remember reading somewhere of someone building an intake, and putting a 2 bbl on, and it ran pretty good.

I have access to a machine shop and I was thinking if I put a vapor chamber I was just wandering what cfm would be the best option

It's been done since 1986. Not sure you are gonna realize much of a power gain that would justify all the work. Doesn't look that good either but that is just one idiots opinion.

Dale Walker made a kit back in the day. Just not that easy to do and get it running right with the large rpm range this engine offers.

390 I think is the smallest two barrel Holley made. Even it's too big for our motor, but being used in a blower application like it is usually it does fine since a blower motors volumetric efficiency is way higher.

I ran the calculator for my 1540 and it said it only needed 270 CFM.

I think a 390 on a normally aspirated 1200 would be kinda tough to make work as well as the stock carbs.

BUT, a TBI is back to the issue of a fuel injection which is not so easy to do. I have a Holley Projection kit we're supposed to try and fit to the blower bike. I was thinking I would try and drive it with a megasquirt and batch fire.

Latest posts

Back