Thanks options on posts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdfb42

Reaction score
I was wondering after getting great info like normal from the forum, "why isn't there a "thanks" or "like" option for someone's response or post?"

The FZ6 forum I am a member off since that is my other bike has an option to mark a post with a thanks so that member knows you found their post useful, funny, etc.

I think it may be a better way than to have to use a separate post to says thanks. If it's possible to add this feature I think it would help members tell other member what they liked or are thankful for easier. I know it's something small but I find the smallest thanks is what keeps me trying to do the right thing everyday.

(The FZ6 forum even has a rep power system for number of thanks etc which helps keep the posts productive as pointless/troll comments won't help rep power and may hurt rep power)

Just my 2 cents so I thought is throw it out there.

Nice thought , but real men don't really want other men to ' like ' them...just sayin...:confused2:

Nice thought , but real men don't really want other men to ' like ' them...just sayin...:confused2:

It's not about 'liking' them it's about showing some gratitude to those that make this forum great and useful. I wonder how many posts were created just to say "thanks" or something along those lines? Can create a lot of fluff to read through to get the info you want that way.

It also would post a thanks or a like on the post. I could hate someone but could thank or like some piece of good info they shared.

And with an easy option to tag posts like that, the poster knows you acknowledged it and it is good info instead of a separate post just to say thanks or not responding and the poster not knowing what you thought about it.

Additionally it helps greatly when scrolling through info because others that stumble upon it and find it useful can tag it and as you are scrolling and see something with 10+ thanks or likes, you know it's a post with some type of good info so you stop to slow down and read all of it instead of skimming.

Here is a screenshot from the Elio forum I am a member of where they do "likes" helps identify who thought the post was useful and the poster knows the recipient saw it and approved/appreciated it/etcImageUploadedByTapatalk1406489267.049943.jpg

This has been "talked" about before.....I dont know what ever became of it.

That's good to know. I tried searching for it but obviously when you search "thanks" or "thank you" you get a ton of results of people just saying thanks which played even more into me creating a new thread about it.

I'm not big fan of face book, my account was hijack and I started getting tons of emails. But anyway not a bad thing maybe start something like that. But I always thank people in the forum threat I'm in at that time for there help.
Just me mind you.

Buster could you happen to chime in and give us a verdict?

I know the vBulletin add on you are talking about. I'm not a big fan of add ons as most forum exploits are through poorly written add ons. Also I've been on forums that have this add on and half the screen is filled with people saying thanks. This would be an issue for those on mobile devices.

sometimes I keep looking for the LIKE button like on Facebook when I read something good...Oh and I see the FORUM is on FACEBOOK now.. Or is the a made up account????

This facebook account is not related to this site. I'm going to have to look into this since they are using this forums name. I'll see if Facebook will shut it down.

Provide your contact information from your domain registration in the form of a cease and desist to Facebook. They will comply, normally they will freeze an account and make it unavailable while they sort out the details then it will be removed after confirming your right to the name.

Personally I would do a little more research and find out the owner than rain digital hellfire on them, but I tend to go a bit overboard with such things :punk:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

refer to Busters' post #11 above.

I know the vBulletin add on you are talking about. I'm not a big fan of add ons as most forum exploits are through poorly written add ons. Also I've been on forums that have this add on and half the screen is filled with people saying thanks. This would be an issue for those on mobile devices.

That's a shame considering this is what I see on two other forums that use tapatalk from my iPhone. No screen filling. But I'm sure Buster knows more than I doImageUploadedByTapatalk1406756477.359079.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406756515.592058.jpg

No shame in making a informed decision and I wouldn't be concerned about who knows more than you do. That wasn't in the equation to begin with.

Back