Drag Race bike project, gen II

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Break between the studs confuses the ECM, it didn't reconize which gear is going in. All sifting parameters can be defined for each gear. i can of course use the same parameters for all the gears, but it is not optimal way.

Interesting.......the Power Commander can be calibrated with the speed signal to know which gear the bike is in.

Do you have a speedometer on the bike......and if so how does it get it"s data?

Do you have a speedometer on the bike......and if so how does it get it"s data?

I have front and rear hall-senders connected to can-bus for traction control and some other goodies. Defining an optimal full throttle gear change w/o clutch for each gear is a different story. (Ignition kill delay, ignition kill time, injection kill time, power reduction level, reduction recovery time...)

Going fast on a motorcycle is more about shaving weight then it is about making power. You get far more advantages by doing the weight first. The lighter front end, single caliper/rotor/line, homemade brackets to replace the OEM heavier duty brackets, ect...

Sounds like you want a street bike that LOOKS like a drag bike with the second thing being to go fast. Really no different then most guys on here.

Sean

When I raced atv's. I always used heard every 7 pounds you lost. was 1 or 2 hp gained.
you can shave weight from a lot of places.
1.The bike
2. riding gear ( light weight carbon kevlar helmet, lighter boots)
3.the beer gut.

Harkening back to my high school architecture class my teacher that when drawing anything everything you build must have a dimension because the builder cannot build if it's not spec'd.
I guess it's true with everything on vehicles as well but that we just do not get the chance to see the process very often. The drawing is cool and now a desktop!

Today just turn it in a standard cad file and anyone can see the dimensions using a cad reader.

well it cost my company $55.00 for me to read through this thread from post one to the end. I think it was money well spent!!:rofl_200:

I would like to know how well your shifter is going to work...... What brand?

Latest posts

Back