Bike hard to start when hot

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1968

Reaction score
Hey guys, I noticed something weird happening with my bike. Bike starts perfectly fine when cold. After riding for a while (over 30 minutes) if I turn it off and try to turn it on immediately or within 1 to 2 minutes the bike will have a hard time starting like if the battery was dying. If I wait for about 5 to 10 minutes the bike will start fine.

Is this an indication that I need a new battery? I check voltage and it is giving me about 12V. I also connect the battery to a tender once a month.

Battery came with the bike when purchased in October so I don't know how old the battery really is.

Cheers,

Marcelo

Search "hot start" and "crimp fix" on here. Also test the voltage across your battery terminals at idle.

Thanks for the info! I love finding weekend projects for the VMAX :)

Cheers!

Marcelo

Thanks for the info! I love finding weekend projects for the VMAX :)

Cheers!

Marcelo

OH NO!
VMax brothers and sisters -
Check this out....... fairly new guy, all stock bike, purchased in October....says he "loves finding weekend projects for the VMAX"......dare we tell him what's goin' down??????
Marcelo - your'e about to be bitten by the MOD MONKEY!!!!:punk:

th

Also check connectors/plugs associated with the charging system/battery. I bought a simple multi pronged tool that allowed me to release males & females from connectors and i re-soldered them all. I found this helped quite a bit, along with the crimp fix in attaining the 14.x charging at the terminals.

OH NO!
VMax brothers and sisters -
Check this out....... fairly new guy, all stock bike, purchased in October....says he "loves finding weekend projects for the VMAX"......dare we tell him what's goin' down??????
Marcelo - your'e about to be bitten by the MOD MONKEY!!!!:punk:

th

LOL I do need to get that MAD MOD MONKEY of my back! It was the same with the Shadow Aero.....all stock and then....well the wife rolling her eyes every time I was in the garage :punk:

I did the fix today. Decided to get rid of the crimp and solder the wires instead. Works like a charm I am getting about 13.9 volts while running. No more hot start issue! :)

Cheers

Marcelo

Latest posts

Back