When will we finally get some decent weather

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98Redlne

Reaction score
Seems like the weather has been consistently crappy this spring.

Feels like it rains 2 on, 1 off all the time.

Come on mother nature....cut us riders a break and how about a few warm, sunny Saturdays?

i try to make the time when its nice, however thats mostly been during the week. i think i'm almost at 1k for the yr.

Sick of the rain every day! I have been trying to install a fence on my property line, and the only day I made any progress was last Sunday. No rain but 30mph winds to contend with. Now its all rain for the next 6 days!

Here's what we have.... Thankfully we're not in the snow. I have my summer tires on so I'd be SOL.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-19 at 8.14.51 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-04-19 at 8.14.51 AM.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 11
Here's what we have.... Thankfully we're not in the snow. I have my summer tires on so I'd be SOL.

That's some nasty shit, right there.....and headed right straight for us! The last 4 or 5 rain storms I could kinda handle, figuring they were washing the salt off....but, the fuckin' salt is gone already!!

And now there's a good chance of more snow and.....and....wait for it......YES....MORE FUCKIN' SALT!! :bang head:

Still better off than those poor folks in the tornado outbreak area....man, that's really awful! :sad2:

I'm looking at a forecast of 1-3" (it was 6-8") of snow for tonight!:bang head:
They shouldn't salt at all with just 3" of snow. :confused2:
Maybe it will just rain!:eusa_pray:

And now there's a good chance of more snow and.....and....wait for it......YES....MORE FUCKIN' SALT!! :bang head:

Here's Stockbridge's forecast just over the line here, Dan-O.....Temps close to freezing on Wed night (and Fri night) but RAIN next several days...maybe get out Thurs/Fri then the weekend forecast looks like crap......

Isn't this about where our Southern friends chime in to remind us of thier awesome weather?? :bang head:

Rest of Today
rain.gif
Numerous showers. Near steady temperature in the mid 40s. North winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.
Tonight
nt_rain.gif
Numerous showers. Lows in the lower 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.
Wednesday
rain.gif
Numerous showers with a chance of thunderstorms. Not as cool with highs in the mid 50s. East winds around 10 mph...becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Wednesday Night
nt_chancerain.gif
A chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Partly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows in the mid 30s. Southwest winds around 10 mph...becoming west with gusts up to 20 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 50 percent.
Thursday
partlysunny.gif
Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
Thursday Night
nt_sunny.gif
Mostly clear. Cold with lows in the upper 20s.
Friday
partlysunny.gif
Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s.
Friday Night
nt_chancesnow.gif
Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. A chance of snow after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.
Saturday
chancerain.gif
Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs around 60.
Saturday Night
nt_chancerain.gif
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Lows in the lower 40s.
Sunday and Sunday Night
nt_chancerain.gif
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Highs around 60. Lows in the upper 30s.

Mike.....with weather like that I might be tempted to go find a section of rope and a good solid tree branch.

....funny, I don't remember moving to Seattle :bang head:

Man I honestly feel for you guys dealing with the bad weather.I'm a native Texan and grew up in central Texas and Arkansas where we got occasional snow and sometimes black ice but nothing like you guys describe. It wasn't until I went to boot camp in Great Lakes Il. in the winter that I discovered what true winter conditions were like.lmao We have two sons who live in Iowa and I've seen the results of salt on the road ways. I remember seeing cars that were only a few years old all rusted out. That stuff really takes a toll. Anyway just rambling on here and what I really wanted to say is I hope it clears up soon back there so you guys can get some ridin' in. :punk:
Mike

Man I honestly feel for you guys dealing with the bad weather.I'm a native Texan and grew up in central Texas and Arkansas where we got occasional snow and sometimes black ice but nothing like you guys describe. It wasn't until I went to boot camp in Great Lakes Il. in the winter that I discovered what true winter conditions were like.lmao We have two sons who live in Iowa and I've seen the results of salt on the road ways. I remember seeing cars that were only a few years old all rusted out. That stuff really takes a toll. Anyway just rambling on here and what I really wanted to say is I hope it clears up soon back there so you guys can get some ridin' in. :punk:
Mike

We're just whining Mike, that's what we do up here but thanks for the good wishes! :rofl_200:

Great Lakes....ey? I've always said the coldest I've ever been in my whole life was 10? below zero on those parade grounds!! I've seen a lot colder temps than that but there's just somethin' about those winds off the Great Lakes....man!!

I saw that Brian, it's gonna swing by your place before dieseling east.....fuckin' lovely! :bang head:

Ha, Chicago is windy and cold but they do not get the snow that those of us on the east side of the Great lakes get. We get hit with the North Dakota weather and they get hit with the Kansas and Iowa weather. Ask EvilD about snowfall in Buffalo!
But I'll take the snow vs the tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes and flooding any day.:eusa_dance::biglaugh:

We're just whining Mike, that's what we do up here but thanks for the good wishes! :rofl_200:

Great Lakes....ey? I've always said the coldest I've ever been in my whole life was 10? below zero on those parade grounds!! I've seen a lot colder temps than that but there's just somethin' about those winds off the Great Lakes....man!!

I saw that Brian, it's gonna swing by your place before dieseling east.....fuckin' lovely! :bang head:

A few years ago, 5 of us took a trip from Dallas to Canada around the Great Lakes. We were in t-shirts as it was pretty hot. When we got near Lake Michigan (the east side) the temp dropped 40 degrees. We had to stop and put on coats and gloves. Couldn't believe the temp difference!!

Lived in w. NY just off Lake Ontario between Buffalo & Syracuse. Ten ft. of snow/yr. was typical. The drifts would let you walk up onto the roof & we had a 15' single-story ridge beam! I was awakened by my father more than once to 'go outside and shovel the driveway so I can get to work in the morning.' I did have 3 older brothers to share the work, & a huge self-propelled 2-stage TORO 'blower. Then the town snowplow comes by & deposits a 1' X 2' "berm" clearing the roads...at the bottom of the drive, which was about a 20% grade double driveway. Loved the icestorms, you could go outside and listen to the tree limbs snapping from the weight of the layers of ice. Unfortunately, they often took the power lines with them.

Then we moved to SW MI and I got to enjoy the effects of Lake MI on the countryside, a bit below Grand Rapids.

Traded all that for hurricanes in south FL after a few years. A worthwhile tradeoff as far as I am concerned. Riding year-round and you won't freeze to death. Heat exhaustion vs. hypothermia? I'll wipe the sweat, I have a generator when the power goes out.

Hope you guys get to ride regularly before May.

Funny to think about it, but I'm pushing past the 1k mark already this season in Alaska. Already had some guy shouting at me at the light to gun it so his buddy could see how fast it was. They use sand, not salt so I have to wait for them to clean it up before I can do any spirited driving in the bends; does that count? I wouldn't want to be accused of rubbing Anyones face in it...:eusa_dance:

Funny to think about it, but I'm pushing past the 1k mark already this season in Alaska. Already had some guy shouting at me at the light to gun it so his buddy could see how fast it was. They use sand, not salt so I have to wait for them to clean it up before I can do any spirited driving in the bends; does that count? I wouldn't want to be accused of rubbing Anyones face in it...:eusa_dance:
Nah, you're from Alaska, so you are cool! :biglaugh:

We've been having bright sunny warm days for a while now on the Gulf Coast...hit 90 today..

Course were in a drought too, and half the state is on fire, so I guess there is a trade off.

I watched it snow today! :damn angry::damn angry:

Latest posts

Back