Looking for ideas.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked with Dannymax a few months ago and told him i had just purchased a '85 and he suggested looking for cracked intakes so I have since then purchased new ones and installed them. Fuel pump did the flip with the 2 rubbers constantly running and repaired that. Installed a new single K&N and made sure the airbox was on tight. No leaks. Syncs up great. Runs from idle to top end sooooo much better than with the stock main jets. Behind me is a road that goes over 5000 ft in less than 50 miles.
At below sea level here it runs great- of course when it gets up in that altitude it leans out- so the plugs say.
I also thought putting in 157.5 mains without changing anything else would richen it up as i am jumping up 2 steps.
Also have 2 inline fuel filters with removable filters for cleaning.
I have a set of 155's but now it makes me think if i put them in it will get leaner.

Maybe I'm not reading it right but did you say it gets leaner in higher altitudes? If so it should be getting richer. :ummm:

Dave

So I took some great advice from some members here and i would like to thank them.
adambweird said "change main jets to 160"--worked perfect-thank you
eggohead said "raise the idle"- that helped-thank you
[email protected] " shim the needle"-dragmaxster brought me a set of canadian needles and set them on the first clip. Thank you both.
DMAN999 sent the chart and a nice looking plug-thank you-
And the final results are---- RUNS LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL.
Iridium plugs gapped at 35
MJ-#160
MAJ-#95
JN-CANADIAN
NJ-Y-O
PJ-#42.5
PAJ-#95
PS-3 TURNS OUT
GS1-#45
GS2-#0.8
THV-#130
FL-17mm .66in