Robin Williams dies

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope I never understand depression, I have compassion for it as I feel it is a close neighbor to addictions.
RIP Robin, may your spirit be as free as when you performed as a comedian!

I understand all the talk about depression, and what it can do to a person. But I do not have an idea at all about how depression can totally make life unfit to live. Fortunately, I never have had this happen to me. I love life too much to even think of any situation that would make me want to end it. Thinking of the family and friends left behind, the shock and grief they are forced to go through.. To put them through this torture is incomprehensible to me. If the depression Williams was going through was severe enough to make him see this as the best or only course of action is heartbreaking. I'd bet if you could resurrect a suicide 5 minutes after they did the deed, most of them would ask for another chance. Too bad that can't happen. I have a friend whose 20 year old son killed himself with a gun. For a long time, I was angry at the kid, but have since come to realize that people can hide pain, and don't get help in time.

I've always appreciated his talent as an actor and comedian. Depression is a sad and scary illness, often misunderstood by many.

What I fail to understand is that this tragedy as become such a big media hype. Many people die everyday of depression and other illnesses, but because Robin was a famous celebrity, his tragic death has to be a media circus.

That to me is sader than his death.

Mike

Latest posts

Back