The IGNITECH TCI thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody know if there is a replacement MAP Sensor that can be sourced locally? I mean from a general parts store like O'Reilly or NAPA. I was doing a little tweaking with the ignitech and noticed that the MAP sensor was reading 107mV with the engine on or off and did not respond to throttle input. Checked out all of the wiring and it all looks good. Have 5V at the MAP sensor plug. Any suggestions?

PM sent.

Gary

I played around with some of the maps again today, and made the V-boost TRULY RPM based.

I also broadened all of the part throttle curves.

Last edited:
I played around with some of the maps again today, and made the V-boost TRULY RPM based.

I also broadened all of the part throttle curves.

I would suggest using 1 and 99 instead of 0 and 100. When the Ignitech unit starts, it first finds out the limits of the VBoost motor by rotating them both ways untill they go no further. I tested the percent range with my TPS and found out it strains the motor at 100% so 99 might be a safer option.

I would suggest using 1 and 99 instead of 0 and 100. When the Ignitech unit starts, it first finds out the limits of the VBoost motor by rotating them both ways untill they go no further. I tested the percent range with my TPS and found out it strains the motor at 100% so 99 might be a safer option.

Thats a good idea...than you.

Just recently acquired a ignitech unit all set up for my 88max from Sean, it will be bypassing the vboost controller to directly control servo.

As a complete newbie to ignition and mapping all things electrical stuff is there a dummies guide for installation of this unit before I tear into it?

The instructions seem pretty straight forward, just reading all the computer based stuff on this thread is starting to make my head spin.

Want to be able to do it right the first time with no issues.
Currently my bike is stock except has the cops conversion, will be progressing to stage seven kit and exhaust/headers later in the year.

Any advice would be much appreciated

I recently purchased an Ignitec v.88 unit for my 86 Max along with a COPs kit without resistors from Sean Morley. Other than the new TCI unit and COPs kit the bike is stock. I have a question regarding the dwell setting. The unit came preset for an 85 to 89 bike with V-boost and COPs with the dwell set to Long. On the supplied Ignitech disc there is a file for the same setup but the dwell is set to AUTO. Which one is correct?

Also, I've noticed that since I've installed the unit that the bike turns over quicker and starts fast but seems to have a lag when starting from a dead stop. With my old stock unit there was no noticeable lag. What could be causing this?

Lastly, what are the best settings for my stock bike with v-boost and COPs without resistors? Can anyone upload a file that I can download and install? It would be much appreciated!

So far I love this TCI unit! Was able to chunk my v-boost controller which was working intermittently and was able to install COPs which helped with my hot start issues.

Fatbiker

Only one setting needs to be changed for COP's without resistors.

Attached picture shows Miscellaneous tab. Halfway down on left side in Dwell box change the setting to either Short or Auto.

I attached a PDF detailing step by step how to do this.

It is important that you Read settings from TCI first, this is so you know you are modifying what is programmed into TCI., Make change, then Program back into TCI.

Gary

Attachments

• Misc screen cops no resistor setting.jpg
    Misc screen cops no resistor setting.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Loading dwell change into TCI.pdf
    14.1 KB · Views: 29
Only one setting needs to be changed for COP's without resistors.

Attached picture shows Miscellaneous tab. Halfway down on left side in Dwell box change the setting to either Short or Auto.

I attached a PDF detailing step by step how to do this.

It is important that you Read settings from TCI first, this is so you know you are modifying what is programmed into TCI., Make change, then Program back into TCI.

Gary

Ok finally got my unit to connect, had issues with the usb cable supplied to me got myself a new one today plugged it in and loaded up straight away.
Being a newbie to this unit and spending the last 2 hours reading this entire thread-
is the 85-89 with vboost and cops ign file supplied all I need to load up?
Is there any difference with cops with or without resistors?
And is there any minor tweaks I should be doing from that original file?
Should I get in and clean the pickup coil?

Im pretty happy with the advice of adjusting the vboost servo to not quite 0% and just under 100% seems logical.

Bike is stock with cops/resistors installed.

Is anyone running the Ignitech unit with a boosted application? I have been contemplating turbo set-ups lately and curious if anyone has had any success with them. I have the Ignitech on my Max already and it's great. I really like the flexibility of these things. I'm hoping that with a few programming changes and a different MAP sensor it will do the job.

Yes, we have at least one out there on a boosted bike but not sure if he's had much time to mess with it yet.

Back