Water pump noise

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeitz1979

Reaction score
I have some noise coming from my water pump by the sounds of it. I put and auto scope on it and many other areas of the engine and seems very prominent in the pump area. I wanted to know before I pull it off the bike and start digging if any of the fellow forum vmax owners have encountered or know of an issue like this. Any and all suggestions and help are greatly appreciated

I recently found my girl making the same noise, I've yet to service that portion of the system so any insight on what the noise could be would be awesome.

Is there a way to diagnose tuat without tearing down the water pump? Also is there a video or anything that shows what one is supposed to sound like because i feel i may just be being paranoid since im a relativly new vmax owner.[/QUOTE]

We very occasionally read of coolant leaking from the drain hole in the bottom of the pump but I've never read of a noisy one.
Nor have I ever seen (heard) a video of one and how you would differentiate what noise came from where I don't know.

I suspect that because you have been listening you have heard what is probably a normal noise.
I'd keep an ear on it over the next few hundred miles to see if the noise gets worse.

It isn't a big job to remove and inspect the pump if your paranoia gets the better of you.

Here is a video of what I'm talking about, I feel like it almost sounds like a damn marble rolling around in there. 🤔

Back