Valve adjustment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend in the Rochester NY area, he is you could say, "into bikes." He and two of his brothers are in the NY Motorcycling Hall of Fame. Here's some info on one of the family: http://wnyracing.ning.com/page/2014-hall-of-fame-class

He gave a hearty endorsement of Larry Fitzgerald-LCR Performance, who grew up in the same community outside of Rochester NY as my friend and his family.

Now I don't know Larry, but this guy's word (my friend in the WNY Racing Hall of Fame) is golden to me. I've known his family almost as long as I've been around, and I'm a lot closer to Social Security than anyone who isn't there yet. So, if he tells me, "go see Larry, he knows VMaxes" I suggest you do it.

Cycle One-Off is another Rochester NY business associated w/the VMax. Good service, a free phone consult, and another resource for those of you in the western NY area. He can get busy which may result in taking time to get things out, but it's done right. A small business operation.

And don't forget PCW in Schenectady NY, not much of a website, but call them and speak to them for your needs. Three good resources for those of you in the area. :punk:

Ok I talked to A guy who owns LCR performance in Rochester N.Y. People say he knows the Vmax well.The ba news is he thinks it could be upper rodbearing wear and I am looking at 1800.00 to fix it,Anybody got a tissue?.A valve adjustment is 350.00 .He said I could bring it on by for a listen to get abetter idea.I just knew this was going to be bad.The bike runs grea t but thereis a little ticking on the top end and you can feel it with a screwdriver.I paid 2500.00 for this bike and I would hate to dump another 1800.00 into her.

Latest posts

Back