Water pump

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liptoss

Reaction score
Hiya all;
Wondering...
I replaced the water pump seal and gaskets on my 06 last year. I used ALL new OEM gaskets seals etc.
When I first cracked the case with the 9 or so bolts for the first time, I noticed that from the factory, Yamaha had applied a thin bead of black silicone from the horizontal case seam that lays just behind the 90 elbow all along the bottom edge to the next main case horizontal case seam just about half way up next to the clutch cover.
In reassembly I didn't do so, and now I have a slight weeping from the mating surfaces of the water pump and the main case along the bottom only.
Has anyone else notice this on the first run through? Has anyone else had success with not using black silicone? Or has used silicone because they too developed a weep?
Thanks all

I use Yamabond 4, or high temp silicone on most surfaces. Not always needed, but I like the security of knowing there aren't going to be leaks. That area, for sure.

Back