Just RAPED me an M109R

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's some guy out there that's made a tidy sum making a little "box" for 109's that disables the stock RPM limiter(which apparently is like 1500 shy of redline when in top gear), and backs the timing off farther above that RPM. Apparently it makes a tremendous difference and there's been confirmed instances of those tanks winding up to 145-150 all stock except for that little plug in box(when otherwise the ECU neuters it around 120 or so).

With the box, a modded airbox and drilled exhaust, a 109 is nothing to sneeze at. IME it gets me right off the line(it's fat-ass tire hooks up better), but by top of second I'm pulling ahead and away, and eventually it catches back up on the extreme top end....my Venture drive max and his 109 both peak out right around 145 or so.

There's some guy out there that's made a tidy sum making a little "box" for 109's that disables the stock RPM limiter(which apparently is like 1500 shy of redline when in top gear), and backs the timing off farther above that RPM. Apparently it makes a tremendous difference and there's been confirmed instances of those tanks winding up to 145-150 all stock except for that little plug in box(when otherwise the ECU neuters it around 120 or so).

With the box, a modded airbox and drilled exhaust, a 109 is nothing to sneeze at. IME it gets me right off the line(it's fat-ass tire hooks up better), but by top of second I'm pulling ahead and away, and eventually it catches back up on the extreme top end....my Venture drive max and his 109 both peak out right around 145 or so.

The numbers are really close between the M109 and the VMax so you have to figure there's been a few such encounters that have gone poorly for the Max.

Blaine

Back when i had my Max a fellow worker with a 05 Heritage Softail said his bike would beat mine . So that lunch time off we go i was just keeping up with him as he managed to get just over 150kmph .
So when he stopped i of course insisted on a rematch stating how fast his bike was . So off we go again this time keeping up with him to bout 120 then he gives me the finger so with this i drop 2 gears and leave him with his hand on his dick 2-300 metres behind ..... :rofl_200:

Got to say BS on the op`s post. I have owned both bikes and they both are great for what they were intended for. The 109 is a great cruiser with tons of torque and will run with the vmax with few mods. The vmax is a true first gen sport bike and you can`t compare the two in the same category.

True, but any vehicle can compete with another with mods. I once saw a '71 Vega beat the shit out of a Busa. I prefer to compare stock vs stock.

Theres a guy in cleveland with a vmax and when I had my 9 with a 2into1 pipe,jsd3m and ducks covers he couldn`t catch me in the 1/8 mile. I thought this was good for a cruiser that outways the vmax by 150 lbs. at least.

I know what your saying about mods I am a drag racer myself. The op stated he walked off from the 9 badly , that is bs

Got to say BS on the op`s post.

Interesting first post :a014:. Of course it couldn't have been the lack of rider ability on the 109 that helped in the lopsided race now could it. Or maybe he missed a shift, the big twin sputtered, or just maybe the planets didn't align. Cracks me up, when ppl call BS without any real proof of it. The tuning and troubleshooting of that particular vmax is well documented. I say the scenario is definately possible. Then again, you might be a troll just logging on to start some shit.:stir pot:

KJShovet no troll here just stating facts. Been reading the forum for some time now. Owning both bikes I can say I had the best of both worlds. The 9 got more looks and was more comfortable on long rides. The vmax is great when you want that instant zip of rpm. Very fun as an around town bike. I started adding mods to the 9 to see if it could get close to the vmax and I was surprised how little it took. I have taken both to the drags and I can say they run close. the 9 is like a big block with tons of torque, 4" bore 3" stroke and the vmax is like a small block , hit the gas and zing the piss out of it.

You know, I don't have too much Vmax pride to say that I think the 109R is a very cool bike. Last fall when I began actively seeking out what bike would be next (after a 1yr hiatus) I had pretty much narrowed my selection down to the V-rod, the V-max, and the 109R. All of those bikes were essentially cruise missiles when compared with anything else in the power-cruiser segment. I really like the long and low look of the V-Rod, but those were all just too much money. The 109R had that unique look to it, with a serious V-Twin torque monster of a power plant. And I have seen enough examples of those bikes turning good 1/4 mile times to know there is plenty of go to be unlocked with an exhaust and tune. They were definitely cheaper than the V-rods, but still more money that I really wanted to spend. The V-max almost got overlooked, but a few magazine article reads had it winning every power cruiser shoot-out it's been in, so I started looking. A few you-tube clips and I knew it was where I needed to end up, that exhaust note sealed the deal. That and the fact that it was the fastest of the bikes I was considering and for the least amount of money - performance and cost being the two factors directing my selection.

That being said, I still think the 109R is a pretty awesome bike. From what I understand it has just ridiculous torque - which just makes everything fun. I'd still consider one some day, but I think now that I've had some V4, I'll just keep coming back for more.

My brother owns an 07 M109r so I ride it when my vmax is being worked on. Let me tell you the M109r is no slouch. Granted my 06 max still takes it in a race by not by much. Both bikes are stock with only exhaust mods. I have the cobra slip-ons ( I know it's the worst exhaust for the max but I like the looks the best), he has his baffles cut out and shortened the pipes.

Overall, the M109r is a bit too big for me and I feel streched out on it, what I do like about it is that at 90 mph on the freeway with crosswind it goes as straight as an arrow with one hand on the handlebars.

Everytime I get back on my vmax after riding the M109r I feel like I'm riding the scooter :moped: Needless to say I will not be giving up my max anytime soon.

I`m 6`5" and 245lbs. the 9 fits me good. I`m starting to think I`m selling the wrong bike . Wish I could keep both.

I`m 6`5" and 245lbs. the 9 fits me good. I`m starting to think I`m selling the wrong bike . Wish I could keep both.
I'm 5'10 and 245lbs :) and the handle bars are a bit too far for me, I would have to bring them back acout 2 inches than it would be fine. As far as handling goes the 9 is not even close to a vmax. Straight line the 9 can hang with the max pretty good, once you get into the twisties or just city traffic the max if far better IMHO.

Originally I wanted an m109, my brother beat me to it and I'm glad he did. I ended up going with the vmax and never regreted (not sure if that's even a word) my decision. I'm actually looking forward to getting back on my max after riding his 9 for a while, there's just to much of a difference between the two as far as riding style and handling goes.

The 9 got more looks and was more comfortable on long rides. The vmax is great when you want that instant zip of rpm. Very fun as an around town bike. I started adding mods to the 9 to see if it could get close to the vmax and I was surprised how little it took. I have taken both to the drags and I can say they run close. the 9 is like a big block with tons of torque, 4" bore 3" stroke and the vmax is like a small block , hit the gas and zing the piss out of it.

I agree with you there. I like the looks of the 109.
I sat on a friend's and I have to say, It was comfortable. I'm 6'4 330lbs it seem to fit. As far as the tq and power goes, it felt less than my chopper but more tq than the max. The funny part was my friend said my max felt like it had more power. I love the big twins. my old chopper had an El Bruto 128" engine in it. 140hp/140tq
It was comfortable to sit on and ride, but there were two drawbacks. No rear suspension killed your back and the foot position, when you got on it it felt like you were going to roll off the back.

I like the Warrior too, with some mods they can fly as well. there are a few out there that are in the 9's

Attachments

• race1.jpg
    race1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 27
I am 5'9" and 160 lbs and the M109 was WAY too big when I sat on one. It even looks huge! Also can't handle the seating position. Think it would be a good bike for the bigger guys though.

Last time we were out me and my buddy swapped bikes and I took his 109 for a go. First off, felt like I was piloting a sideways couch....wide wide wide. At 5-8 I could reach the pegs, but just barely. I dragged the pegs turning out of the driveway, and about 4 more times just in traffic. It has SHIT for clearance. Seriously, it's almost comical how easy it is to scrape them. Motor, it's got some grunt, you can feel that down low torque, but I dunno, the butt dyno says it's not as fast. Maybe it's that lack of vboost power surge...it's power builds pretty linearly. Transmission sucked ass. I was missing probably 50% of shifts at first...you have to really heave that pedal back and get an enormous clunk/jolt as it grabs the next gear. Compared to the vmax box the shifter feels like wiggling a stick in the mud.

No offense to anyone but IMO it looks,rides, and feels like a bike built for fat people. When I rode it, at my 5-8 and 180, I felt dwarfed by this thing. Big, heavy, obviously not meant to lean over. It's got a nice motor, just think how quick it would be in a "normal" instead of "land yacht" sized bike.

It's comfortable, and is better built than a HD. Its not a bad bike by any means, it's just definitely not suited for me.

I am 5'9" and 160 lbs and the M109 was WAY too big when I sat on one. It even looks huge! Also can't handle the seating position. Think it would be a good bike for the bigger guys though.

I felt the same way when I sat on a Triumph Rocket III in the showroom. Definitely made for the top quartile in size/weight. I am 215/5'11. It didn't feel like anything I would want to balance at a stop on slick oily wet road intersections.

Latest posts

Back