Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings from Central Florida,

I just showed up on the forum because I am quite interested in the possibility of obtaining a VMAX as a replacement for my current bike (Yamaha FJ09). I did the cruiser thing (one Triumph and three Harleys) and now the more sporty thing. My next bike will probably be the keeper before I settle back into four wheels as I can see by the writing on the wall (arthritis and old injuries) the days of fast pace fun are numbered, but not over. I am here to investigate first hand experiences with the VMAX as an every day commuting ride. My bike is my sole means of transportation and I do about 70 miles a day six days a week. So, have at it, is the MAX a bike that would be to stand up to that for say, four or five years? Additionally, anyone have one with REAL high miles?

Looking forward to the input.

Bill Sewards over 130,000 miles.

Cheers for the greetings. You have a good forum and Ive seen a few from hunting to bikes.

So I had the bike dropped at my parents so a mate could pick it up, give it to another mate coming down country racing soon and help with getting it to me LOTS cheaper. I have good mates.

I was all prepared to tell my folks (now visiting me by coincidence) it was just a cruiser, not fast like my Ducatis, no fairing.....
Then they tell me my mate said it was 1200cc started it in their garage. Turns out the Over cans are rather loud
Seems even my Mum doesnt believe me now.
Doh.

Sorry Mum. Im 40, married,house, have a kid... and still havent outgrown grunty bikes. One day.....
:biglaugh:

Greetings from Central Florida,

I just showed up on the forum because I am quite interested in the possibility of obtaining a VMAX as a replacement for my current bike (Yamaha FJ09). I did the cruiser thing (one Triumph and three Harleys) and now the more sporty thing. My next bike will probably be the keeper before I settle back into four wheels as I can see by the writing on the wall (arthritis and old injuries) the days of fast pace fun are numbered, but not over. I am here to investigate first hand experiences with the VMAX as an every day commuting ride. My bike is my sole means of transportation and I do about 70 miles a day six days a week. So, have at it, is the MAX a bike that would be to stand up to that for say, four or five years? Additionally, anyone have one with REAL high miles?

Looking forward to the input.

As Dave said, a seat. I got a Maxgasser and love the hell out of it, Morley's Muscle here on the forum does seats also. Someone just had one recently done that looks pretty impressive. I had a Corbin and not going to recommend that. 70 miles a day is cake and I have chronic pain myself, it's good therapy. I use mine for daily transportation if theres no snow on the road, it's been reliable and quite a bit of fun.

Welcome to you and the other new folks! make sure and come forth with some pics :punk:

I feel like I can finally post as a legit new member :) Captain Kyle's ole red showed up today. She fired up on the first try, and sounds amazing. Thanks again to everyone that helped steer me away from potential disaster on the local leaker. I'm really really happy with my new bike, it's going to be a fun summer!
677dfe353edcbd3bec20e3d6b5e3b067.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I feel like I can finally post as a legit new member :) Captain Kyle's ole red showed up today. She fired up on the first try, and sounds amazing. Thanks again to everyone that helped steer me away from potential disaster on the local leaker. I'm really really happy with my new bike, it's going to be a fun summer!
677dfe353edcbd3bec20e3d6b5e3b067.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Awesome! you did get Kyle's bike! I'm sure you will be VERY happy with it, man it looks great. When the sun comes out you will be riding instead of wrenching. :clapping:

New guy from Wichita here. Not officially an owner just yet but picking up a Gen 1 from the man himself in a week or so. I was always a fan of v4 bikes but budgets and skill confined me to old inline 4s for the last few years. Ran and wrenched on a 1973 CB750 hardtail for a few years until its needs exceeded my wallet and confidence. Sold everything bike related when we found out we had another baby on the way last spring. She's 5 months old almost now and the wife finally gave me the green light to get back in the saddle. A buddy of mine convinced me to jump on the vmax wagon after he spent last summer beating up on just about every 600cc (and a few liter) sport bikes. Just ordered a new helmet, jacket and gloves and the anticipation is KILLING me. I look forward to becoming a part of this community.

when I saw this I thought it was a new post. I need to start looking at the post dates....

New guy from Wichita here. Not officially an owner just yet but picking up a Gen 1 from the man himself in a week or so. I was always a fan of v4 bikes but budgets and skill confined me to old inline 4s for the last few years. Ran and wrenched on a 1973 CB750 hardtail for a few years until its needs exceeded my wallet and confidence. Sold everything bike related when we found out we had another baby on the way last spring. She's 5 months old almost now and the wife finally gave me the green light to get back in the saddle. A buddy of mine convinced me to jump on the vmax wagon after he spent last summer beating up on just about every 600cc (and a few liter) sport bikes. Just ordered a new helmet, jacket and gloves and the anticipation is KILLING me. I look forward to becoming a part of this community.

I've wanted one of these things for over 30 years, picked up a 99 on impulse when I spotted it on CL. Really didnt even think about it. I even skipped the steps of asking wifey for permission, just came home on it :punk:

Welcome!

I did the same thing back in '85. Cost me my first wife, but still have the bike!

Let me do some math here, + 1 bike - 1 wife =:punk:

When I showed up home on my brand spankin' new 00 Triumph Sprint ST my then wife said "it goes or I go, you may NOT keep that!". It was so adorable how she thought that she had any say in the matter, I think she thought I was asking permission for a moment there. :rofl_200:

Right after she stormed inside I snapped this pic. Aint she SEXY?? I still had the bike long after she was gone. When I came home on the VMax, my current wife went inside, and came back out with her lid and jacket, we rode. It rocked!

Attachments

• IMAGE001.jpg
    IMAGE001.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 15
First post here....Hello Gentlemen I just purchased my new to me and first 97 Vmax 1200 and I hope to share my experiences but more important learn from you Vmax experienced riders. And also bullshit around lol.

I've wanted one of these things for over 30 years, picked up a 99 on impulse when I spotted it on CL. Really didnt even think about it. I even skipped the steps of asking wifey for permission, just came home on it :punk:

Welcome!

I did that with the CB before we were married, and with a couple cars, so she's keen on when I'm trying to pull anything similar anymore. A couple of months I told her my tax return was going to a bike and she said "I'll sell that damn thing the day you bring it home" lol. She finally broke down and said she doesn't mind me having one because I'm responsible, she just worries every time I go out. I'll probably get a sena or something so she can call and check up on me lol.

Honesty the magna v65 was my first choice until my buddy convinced me the vmax was the way to go.

I did that with the CB before we were married, and with a couple cars, so she's keen on when I'm trying to pull anything similar anymore. A couple of months I told her my tax return was going to a bike and she said "I'll sell that damn thing the day you bring it home" lol. She finally broke down and said she doesn't mind me having one because I'm responsible, she just worries every time I go out. I'll probably get a sena or something so she can call and check up on me lol.

Honesty the magna v65 was my first choice until my buddy convinced me the vmax was the way to go.

There is a nice V65 for sale out here for $2k, but I would rather have the Vmax. It's just got a a little extra something badass in it's DNA that Honda missed with that go around. One thing that makes it much easier is I listened to my lawyer and never comingled assets during a marriage. It really simplifies buying what I want when I want. Nobody can see what I spend on my toys haha.

Hi guys. Thought I'd finally introduce myself. Im an aircraft maintenance engineering apprentice (fancy way to say I fix planes) and and from Kelowna BC. I'm fairly new to riding (but bought a vmax...) and love the looks of the bike. I got an 88 with just under 80k km a few months ago. I've haven't done a lot of mods except a new air filter, oil change, coolant flush, bar end mirrors, cheapo grips from amazon and fixing a few electrical connections for rear lights. It's currently not riding weather yet (snowed a little yesterday) but can't wait for it to be. The only thing wrong with the bike so far without riding it yet is the headlight only goes to regular beam if I turn on the high beam switch, so no highbeam. Anyways I hope to get to know some of you guys and I love all the information that's on here.

a30191ae4d72a7be4a37d50ff90aa3cd.jpg
3def46b165a3dfff5f637309edac1413.jpg
7cb12bed10c82dc966e36465d2a764b2.jpg
e7080bb1e6a0f6aab92ac699f85b46fe.jpg

Oh, the Harley and mini are not mine. They belong to the landlady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back