New to the forum, New to VMax!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he said float bowl drain screw, then that's the one. Fuel will come out that little black tube under your screen driver,though. Danny has the o-rings if you need them. There is one on that screw to hold the fuel in.

Cool! That's the tube that has just a tiny little bit of gas coming out, enough to stink up the garage. It's the only one of the four that is wet. Do I need a new o-ring? Or is it a matter of checking for tightness?

That's the float drain screw.

It's possible that it may be leaking past the screw. The screw has a tapered tip that seals into the body. You can try polishing the tip or buying a new screw and cleaning the seat if that's the cause of the leak.

The O-ring is there to keep fuel from leaking past the screw threads when the screw is loosened.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I backed it out, saw fuel coming out of the tube and then tightened it back up. We'll see what happens. If I need a new screw where's the best place to order them?

I backed it out, saw fuel coming out of the tube and then tightened it back up. We'll see what happens. If I need a new screw where's the best place to order them?

From Danny......which is BRC carb shop. Banner at the bottom.

Well I checked the sapsucker today and it's still dribbling a little gas out of it :(

Well I checked the sapsucker today and it's still dribbling a little gas out of it :(
Those screws tend to corrode along with the seat inside the carb. They can be very difficult to stop a leak once one starts. As previously suggested, remove the screw and gently sand it, You want to keep the taper. You should be able to see the corroded area on the screw. The seat is more difficult to clean up. I use a wood dowel rod that I taper with sandpaper to match the screw. Then just insert into the drain and turn back and forth applying pressure to help clean that seat. Don't break the dowel!! If it's not to bad this should work. You don't want to lose anything inside the hole or use anything abrasive since it is an aluminum seat. Don't try to clean it all up at once, (screw & seat) it might take 3 or 4 times before it seats. Hope it works for you,

Latest posts

Back