'85 Just in from the coast

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new (to me) '85 showed up this morning.

One owner, original & unrestored, 4800 miles, matching numbers, excellent condition.

I felt kind of bad dragging her out in a snowstorm for a photo-op....after ripping her from her nice warm California garage and truckin' her across the country....sorry girl, I'll make it up to ya! :punk:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 80
Congrats Danny..... I am CERTAIN that she is getting a great home.

Thanks Eric, I guess I can't disagree....as you can see in the photo the BMW sits on the cold concrete floor, the MaximX gets a quilt but the VMax has an 1.5" foil faced both sides styrofoam mattress with a sheet of chipboard on top to keep her sneakers warm....she is a California girl after all. :biglaugh:

Gotta '86 made late '85 looks like that. Awaiting restoration, yours is pur-tee!

Ever hear of 'air fossils?'

If it had original tires on it, the air in them might have been from 1984, and could have been harvested to compare air components to today's air. I heard about this from the story of a lead-soldered cemetery box which was 'harvested' of its air because it was > 100 years-old, and they wanted to compare its composition to today's air.

Of course we all recognize that the tires probably were aired-up at-least once in 33 years, besides at the factory. Still an interesting story.

There is no truth to the story that flatus from our Social Security-eligible members could be considered 'air fossils.'
:fart:
Thanks Jamie & Casey. Other than the tires (I believe OEM were Dunlops) nothing that I'm aware of has ever been changed, it is 100% stock.

Except the oil & filter of course.....:biglaugh:

A good belly laugh before heading off to the rack!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

fart.gif
Speaking of flatus!!

Thanks Philip!! :worthy:

Back