Inop VBoost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadwillie

Reaction score
I recently realized my VBoost was not opening up for me. Until I get the solenoid replaced I decided to leave the VBoost valves closed for the time being. However when I ride the bike now everything still feels the same as it did before I did any work to the boost. I still can hear a very noticeable change in the engine sound at 6000rpm. And I also still feel a bit of a surge in power too. I know for a fact that VBoost is disabled as I unplugged it and disconnected the cable from the servo to the valve. I have only had the bike for a few years and it was a barn find. Is there a chance that I have never experienced the true VBoost and only felt something else? Does this make sense to anyone?

I recently realized my VBoost was not opening up for me. Until I get the solenoid replaced I decided to leave the VBoost valves closed for the time being. However when I ride the bike now everything still feels the same as it did before I did any work to the boost. I still can hear a very noticeable change in the engine sound at 6000rpm. And I also still feel a bit of a surge in power too. I know for a fact that VBoost is disabled as I unplugged it and disconnected the cable from the servo to the valve. I have only had the bike for a few years and it was a barn find. Is there a chance that I have never experienced the true VBoost and only felt something else? Does this make sense to anyone?

Very possible you have never felt the vboost at all.
I have all 3 parts -controller, servo motor and vacuum sensor for $175.
There are some on ebay right now but you are looking at $200 for the controller and over $300 for the servo motor.

My V-boost is also unplugged in the closed position at the moment, waiting on my new controller from Sean. There is a definite power increase at about 7000 for me but I'm almost certain that 7200 rpm is the peak rating for this motor so It's completely normal. The V-boost just ads a bit on top of an already powerful motor. Someone that has never felt the boost would certainly still think the bike is extremely fast and wouldn't know the difference.

Matt

my v-boost is also unplugged in the closed position at the moment, waiting on my new controller from sean. There is a definite power increase at about 7000 for me but i'm almost certain that 7200 rpm is the peak rating for this motor so it's completely normal. The v-boost just ads a bit on top of an already powerful motor. Someone that has never felt the boost would certainly still think the bike is extremely fast and wouldn't know the difference.

Matt

+1

My V-boost is also unplugged in the closed position at the moment, waiting on my new controller from Sean. There is a definite power increase at about 7000 for me but I'm almost certain that 7200 rpm is the peak rating for this motor so It's completely normal. The V-boost just ads a bit on top of an already powerful motor. Someone that has never felt the boost would certainly still think the bike is extremely fast and wouldn't know the difference.

Matt

I disagree with someone never having felt it open not being able to feel it.
I believe yours is opening too late.
I rode a friends from canada after i rebuilt his carbs and at 6000rpm it kicked in.
I had never felt mine kick in with that much boost.
I changed mine to manual and i can feel and hear the difference whenever i pull it-even idleing.

Last edited:
I rode a friends from canada after i rebuild his carbs and at 6000rpm it kicked in.
I changed mine to manual and i can feel and hear the difference whenever i pull it-even idleing.

You quoted me incorrectly. I didn't say that you can't feel the V-boost, read it again. He said his bike feels the same as it always did. I said, that if you've never felt it that you might not know the difference because the motor is very powerful and it does still have a power surge at higher rpm, and that the V-boost it added to it as well. Basically, if you've never felt it, how would you know what you're missing. Once he gets it working, he will then realize what it really feels like and he will know the difference in the future. Or at least that is how it reads to me.

Matt

You quoted me incorrectly. I didn't say that you can't feel the V-boost, read it again. He said his bike feels the same as it always did. I said, that if you've never felt it that you might not know the difference because the motor is very powerful and it does still have a power surge at higher rpm, and that the V-boost it added to it as well. Basically, if you've never felt it, how would you know what you're missing. Once he gets it working, he will then realize what it really feels like and he will know the difference in the future. Or at least that is how it reads to me.

Matt
First off i didn't quote you-
Second i said "I" rode mine without the vboost ever kicking in and I knew it wasn't there. The first time i rode someone else's i felt the difference.
I had read about first.

First off i didn't quote you-
Second i said "I" rode mine without the vboost ever kicking in and I knew it wasn't there. The first time i rode someone else's i felt the difference.
I had read about first.

Of course you quoted me, that is why it says "quote" above the bit where you pasted exactly what I said and then continued by saying you disagree with something that I didn't actually say????
And besides that, You said "someone" in the disagree part, not "I".
It's not that big of a deal, I just see people change the context what other people say on here all of the time and I don't see why. Where is the, Sorry, I took it the wrong way or another way? After all, in effect, we agree and you still want to be defensive, go figure.

Sorry ToadWillie for getting off subject, No more from me on this. I'm sure your original question/query is answered.

Matt

Of course you quoted me, that is why it says "quote" above the bit where you pasted exactly what I said and then continued by saying you disagree with something that I didn't actually say????
And besides that, You said "someone" in the disagree part, not "I".
It's not that big of a deal, I just see people change the context what other people say on here all of the time and I don't see why. Where is the, Sorry, I took it the wrong way or another way? After all, in effect, we agree and you still want to be defensive, go figure.

Sorry ToadWillie for getting off subject, No more from me on this. I'm sure your original question/query is answered.

Matt
It was.
Here is your "quote"---Someone that has never felt the boost would certainly still think the bike is extremely fast and wouldn't know the difference.

I would be one of the "SOMEONE" that you are reffering to. You would be wrong.
You used the word someone speaking for others- not right.
When I put a "quote" above it is used as a refference point.
No sorry needed.

Matt

I wonder why they call it a vboost?

Matt

I think and hope that i have helped in solving his problem and possibly finding the item he may need.

Your help would be?

Someone that has never felt the boost would certainly still think the bike is extremely fast and wouldn't know the difference.

And i will quote " I said, that if you've never felt it that you might not know the difference because the motor is very powerful and it does still have a power surge at higher rpm, and that the V-boost it added to it as well. Basically, if you've never felt it, how would you know what you're missing. "

And who are these SOMEONE"S.:bang head: Wouldn't that be SOMEONE besides you? Meaning that you speak for others-why?

I wonder why they call it a vboost?

Because it's a V4 engine and at 6000rpm a powerful BOOST of thrust is delivered kinda like that of nitrous kicking in. :)
I rode a friends from canada after i rebuilt his carbs and at 6000rpm it kicked in.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back