R6 front wheel conversion

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeanMax

Reaction score
This is my 99 R6 front wheel conversion done by PCW. Gave them my forks, that needed rebuilding anyway, triple tree and front axle. the front forks are machined to clear the wider brake rotor location, as are the brake caliper mounts. Spacers are made to fit the Vmax axle to the R6 wheel. Only down side is you lose the speedometer drive. But aftermarket speedos are available. (I ran out of money for this part :bang head:) Feels very good and looks great!

Attachments

• DSCN0004.jpg
    DSCN0004.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN0015.jpg
    DSCN0015.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN0033.jpg
    DSCN0033.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 0406140913-00.jpg
    0406140913-00.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 89
Need to get a radial on the rear! With the 17" in front I highly recommend the exactrep fender looks awesome and hugs the 17 I love mine

yrajehud.jpg

ju2y4e5e.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

looks sweet, how does it handle with a radial front and bias rear though?

I know you already have the 17" up front Zak but I'd consider going 18" in the rear when you eventually swap it, my 200/50-18 Shinko Verge is basically identical height as what you have on there now and it fills up the rear so much nicer and won't mess with your gearing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thank you every one! And is a 98 Danny :biglaugh:

looks sweet, how does it handle with a radial front and bias rear though?
Not too bad. It never handled great anyway. Just now the front sticks and the rear defiantly feels bias ply.

I know you already have the 17" up front Zak but I'd consider going 18" in the rear when you eventually swap it, my 200/50-18 Shinko Verge is basically identical height as what you have on there now and it fills up the rear so much nicer and won't mess with your gearing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
I actually emailed Cossman about a 18 inch weld on first. but they never got back to me. Am going to get this done soon though!

Need to get a radial on the rear! With the 17" in front I highly recommend the exactrep fender looks awesome and hugs the 17 I love mine
That does look alot better then a spaced stock fender. Very cool!

I think it was 130 shipped. I painted it myself but then if you have someone paint it.. its gonna cost more

Latest posts

Back