Picked up the Carrozzeria's - Chrome is sweet!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redbone's looking damn good Brian :clapping:
Now let's get rid of this Michigan snow so we can get out and RIDE !!!! :punk:

i feel a lot of tire places just assume the valve stem is the heaviest and line it up with the 'light dot' on the tires. i'd say thats true only 50% of the time, the other 50% it can be anywhere on the rim. if you happen to line up the lightest spot on the tire with the same on the rim, 2oz doesn't seem too bad.

I found out after my short riding season that I forgot to put in the bead balancers into my tires!:bang head: I rode it this way for about 600 miles on Carrozzeria rims and Shinko Verge tires and didn't even notice!:confused2:
I don't remember going over 100 mph, but probably did. I'm not sure now if I'm even going to bother with them, but probably will see how it goes for the first couple of rides and add them iif needed.

Here's Mine right after the install.

If you guys don't want weights on your rims. You should try the dyna beads. I've used them for years and have had no issues.

Attachments

• Baby 3-15-13.jpg
    Baby 3-15-13.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 105
Brian, I like the black wheels on Redbone. I also like the engine freeze plug covers. I got some of them @ Daytona from Boxenstopp from Joe, the owner. If you need you can use them as shuriken, they are sharp! Haven't been able to install 'em yet.

I don't think there is a 'bad' color for the wheels. They would look good pink in the right scheme, like the T-Mobile gal driving thru "Kalamazoo" which in the commercial isn't really anywhere in the city. That was a big concern there I heard. Look at the pink wheels and exhaust on the BOTT racer Britten VR1000 I was fortunate enough to see run at Daytona about 20 years ago. I would like to see the spider black w/polished rim sides.

I'll be visiting Sean in the new year and a set of Carrz are what the Doctor ordered. Now.. The hard part.. Color...
I'm leaning towards Red as I've got a mainly stock 06' and a set of Red Samco Rad Hoses... But.. That's hardly the deal breaker to buy Red Rims cause after I finish with my girl in a 3-5 years she'll be show ready..

So..

Red?
Green?
Chrome??
Black Chrome?

Any ideas would help settle my mind a wee bit.

Cheers!

Lee

A bright colored wheel really attracts attention. The black is more subtle of course and the chrome is all about the bling. A wild color that is completely different is fun sometimes and really draws attention. Sort of like the Yellow brake calipers on a completely different color car like the corvette or ferarri.

Sean

A bright colored wheel really attracts attention. The black is more subtle of course and the chrome is all about the bling. A wild color that is completely different is fun sometimes and really draws attention. Sort of like the Yellow brake calipers on a completely different color car like the corvette or ferarri.

Sean

First off..

Congrats my man...

2nd..

I saw a set on the VMF, Kossmen I think that looked like it had multiple colors in it. More food for thought eh Sean?

Lee

what will the finish be on your fork lowers & calipers in the front?

what about the pumpkin/swingarm/brake system in the rear?

what will the finish be on your fork lowers & calipers in the front?

what about the pumpkin/swingarm/brake system in the rear?

All good questions.. Only thing I know for sure is I'll be getting a 3 or 6 SArm notched/braced. A set of Carrz, Rubber, Lines, Upgraded Shocks, Rotors, Cali's.
I'd like Sean to drop in s 1300 or so but I'll probably have to wait a bit on that. There's just to much to choose from, especially color and body work.

Figured I'd paint her up a bit and I'm guessing that'd be easiest with both Tires off. But... When the 1300cc+ comes along either in early 2014 or 2015 I may want to paint a bit of that.

Too much to do...too many ideas..
I need a computer/Tablet so I can have a real good look at some pics. A Cell phone doesn't cut it.

Suggestions??

You can send me some of your monkey budget... I'll help you use it up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Black always looks good, but it is 'subtle' unless your bodywork is all-white. I like chrome, but I think chrome is a fickle finish, and you may be unhappy w/the way it lasts. I would go w/a contrasting wheel color. USe a color wheel and see what is complimentary to what your bike's main color is. Look at the Indy cars, and see how the high-contrast wheels compared to the major bodywork color make it really stand-out. White bodywork and any 'strong' color can look good if you're into it for the visually-stunning look. If you want a more-subtle appearance, don't go high-contrast.
images
images
images
images
images

hmm. so when undecided, i like a few ideas...

1. don't go with chrome if you'll have polished parts. it'll make the polished ones look like crap.

2. black is a safe bet

3. i like contrasting wheels like fire said. but i like the wheel colour to be subtle with a hint of it in the other body work. so red wheels, and then maybe red inserts on the scoops and maybe one or 2 other things. the problem is matching all those colours though too.

black chrome might be a decent option.

Some gold wheel on a black vmax would look cool. I remember the midnight edition KJ did photoshop.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yea the Gold looks awesome... Sean showed me some pics of Red Carrz with a S--t load of red inserts and that looked awesome as well...
Any chance you fellas could find that Gold Rimmed beauty??
Still can't use search...

Lee
Aka KarmaKatt

I'll be visiting Sean in the new year and a set of Carrz are what the Doctor ordered. Now.. The hard part.. Color...
I'm leaning towards Red as I've got a mainly stock 06' and a set of Red Samco Rad Hoses... But.. That's hardly the deal breaker to buy Red Rims cause after I finish with my girl in a 3-5 years she'll be show ready..

So..

Red?
Green?
Chrome??
Black Chrome?

Any ideas would help settle my mind a wee bit.

Cheers!

Lee
I actually have a soft spot for the 05/06/07 oem black with red pinstripe. I think fltinstructor had that color done at one time on the set of carr's that he sold. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying them.:bang head: What ever color you chose, it will look great!!

Thanks Bob... I'm pretty stoked myself... Just waiting to start my second session so I can get some mula down to Sean...

I actually have a soft spot for the 05/06/07 oem black with red pinstripe. I think fltinstructor had that color done at one time on the set of carr's that he sold. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying them.:bang head: What ever color you chose, it will look great!!
+1 Bob, I bought some stripes but they were just a little to wide for my tastes so I most likely when I have the rest of my body work painted I will have the painter run a thin red stripe onto my black Carrozzeria's. I will also have several other bits done at the same time.
I also agree wit Garrett about getting to many shades of a color on a bike (in my case Red) which would detract from my paint scheme.
Lee, I have been thinking about how I want Redbone to look when I do repaint for a couple of years. I would suggest looking at as many pictures of bikes and after a while you'll see a trend to what you do like by the ones you save. I find that there will be some that will alter and/ or enhance some of your original ideas. I hope you can figure your scheme for your unique one of a kind Vmax!

Latest posts

Back