Pirelli MT66 Route opinions?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakecharmr

Reaction score
These came on my bike when I bought it a few months ago.. still am yet to really ride the bike as I've got a few feet of that nasty white stuff on the ground. Just looking for opinions and reviews on these tires.. Also would the 170/80-15 fit the rear without modding it? Bike is an 85

haven't heart much about them but the size should work for you, worst comes to worst you'll have to do the washer swap.

You could probably fit a 180 in there with the washer swap but, it would not be reccommended to install a 180 on the stock rim!

+1 to mike, not only would it be pinched, and be mushroomed most likely, with that it might actually have a smaller contact patch and have a smaller cross section (as the eye sees it).

I have the Pirelli Night Dragon 170 on my bike and love it compared to the bridgestone that was on it from the PO. I put it on near the end of the season last year and have only put about 3000 km on it but it did make a big difference in handling and road feel.

I have the Pirelli Night Dragon 170 on my bike and love it compared to the bridgestone that was on it from the PO. I put it on near the end of the season last year and have only put about 3000 km on it but it did make a big difference in handling and road feel.

I must see if they have a matching front tire...

I ended up putting a pirelli sport demon but I can't remember if that was because they were out of the night dragon or they don't make the stock size night dragon. I am going to get my bike out of storage this week and will check what size is on it for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

I ended up putting a pirelli sport demon but I can't remember if that was because they were out of the night dragon or they don't make the stock size night dragon. I am going to get my bike out of storage this week and will check what size is on it for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

I see a BIG issue here.
The Sport Demon is a radial tire, while the Night Dragon is a bias ply tire.
And, lats time I checked, you should NOT mix bias and radial tires.

^ Actually the Sport Demon comes in a V Rated 110/90-18 BIAS ply tire:
http://www.revzilla.com/product/pirelli-sport-demon-sport-front-touring-tires
Pirelli Sport Demon Sport Front Touring Tires

• New generation cross bias ply tire with sport tread pattern for bias equipped sport and sport touring bikes
  • Special design profile to greatly improve handling
  • Excellent water evacuation thanks to central "sine-wave" groove
  • New compound for best mechanical wet and dry grip without compromising mileage, thanks to increased groove depth
  • H-rated for speeds up to 130 mph
  • V-rated for speeds up to 149 mph

Latest posts

Back