coolant leaking from that hole in head

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uri gal

Reaction score
Hello all

I need your help here!

I have a coolant leaking from that hole from that locate on the cylinder.

That hole is located inside the middle of the aluminum line (the are three line of aluminum on the head)
What is that mean?

I got this bike a month ago from USA so I only drive on it 200km – but it was o.k with no leaking even the temp goes to ¾ and start the fan

Last week I do change the coolant fluids (motul) and replace new hoses – LMC

I put the the valve drain to on when I flashed it and turn it back to OFF when finished

I don’t know if there is any relevant to that coolant service – but now I do have a leaking…

While the bike start – there is not leaking. And then just near to the middle of the temp – I saw a large flow of coolant fluids coming from the hole – (cylinder number two)

What is that mean ???

I had the same issue after reassembling mine and began to panic,after asking the same question I was informed it s the drain hole for the spark plug hole to let water out. I must have spilled some coolant in the spark plug hole and as it heats up it expands and comes out of the hole. If you take the spark plug wire off you can see the plug in that hole. You can relax now.

That's a drain hole in case any liquid gets in the spark plug well. If coolant is coming out of it then your coolant is leaking from somewhere...from a hose going into the head, water jacket, breather, expansion tank, etc.

Not necessarily . You said you had changed the coolant and hoses. It is possible you got some coolant down around the spark plug. Take the boot off and clean out around the plug with some brake cleaner or something similar and try again. The only way for coolant to leak. Into there would be from the water jacket joint (the round piece held in by a roll pin just above the spark plug) it's sealed by orings. Try the cleaning thing first. THEN Panic

Take a good look at the coolant hose. It's behind the spark plug. Pull the wire or COP and shine a light in the area when the bike is hot and under pressure. Are you loosing much coolant? It's most likely minor.
Steve

ho... so it still a bad news...
I don't what to do next

Unfortunately, at this point, there is only one thing left that you can do - trade it off for a new one. Apparently, you've completely ruined this Vmax. :whistlin:

Seriously, is there any way possible you can pull the faux top cover off, start the bike, let it warm up, and look elsewhere to find any leak that may be dripping from above and finding it's way down & into that sparkplug hole? Shouldn't be too hard of a task. I can't tell from the photo, but it looks like MAYBE there could be some staining of the black paint in the back corner of your plug hole, and if there is, it could be getting damaged from a slow coolant leak from above.

ooohhhhh ... no panic at all :)
... its do looks like a leak from the water jacket joint like you said.....
tomorrow I will flash and try to put it properly

its like a tunnel that drain water that coming near to the plug hole to this drain hole...... I did not know that (oops)
so at least I have good friends here:)

thanks you!!!

uri

The guys (and gals) here are great. I've learned so much from just reading the post.

Latest posts

Back