ENGINE BREATHER OIL with COLLECTOR

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uri gal

Reaction score
There are lots of home built puke cans, vents and configurations for the stage 7 set up. I use the stage seven black container, when running individual filters, but let it vent to the atmosphere. Any oil that rises up the hose drains back into the crank case. That set up looks like it would work fine.
Steve-o

BEWARE
That add is for the filter ONLY.
Looks like that setup would work but does not provide any way for the oil to automatically drain back. Looks like it would need emptied manually from time to time.

steve - thanks for the information

Mike - I thought about it too, if the drain tank will get full of oil, it will chock the breather...
I guess it will be batter idea to have a clear tank drainer of other unit that allow the oil drain back.
any suggestion from where I can find it? (prefer ebay - but I did not find any)
thanks
uri

This is my setup. Hoses from clutch and crankcase breather. Works fine.

af3ae1b37cce303a265ebc39ff211742.jpg

e68d92c0666e61d7aab648ffd8a7ee51.jpg

That's impressive Fred. The whole bike I'm talking about.
I use a similar setup Uri. But my little holding tank if up high between the carbs. you can make a
holding tube from PVC pipe, and a little stainless pot scrubber inside to deflect liquids. A threaded hose barbs into the end cap of the pipe and some vents to relieve pressure. We're got some old threads here somewhere showing this. I'll try to dig them up.
There is some power benefit by relieving back pressure in the crank case. Better piston ring sealing is the goal. High RPM benefit mostly. Sean can elaborate more on this I'm sure.
Steve

John at pcw racing sales a puke can he calls it a jazz can I'm running flatsides no airbox I mounted my can under the faux tank cover for a clean look

This is what I did

d3f1642e1fd96ce7a5572a5ad8439004de7ac260.jpg

0223651f2c8714f4da1f6900e855ad6f6965edb9.jpg

23426a02d71e6d08605e70a4398385ca85a5bfa8.jpg

Oil drains back via the filler cap, any fume are fed back into the carbs.

An alternative would be to buy the Dynojet S7 breather (I did originally) but, IMHO, is expensive for what it is and not particularly well made.

a67266122910fdab60ce95a366c2429f5d374a49.jpg

precisava de te fazer uma pergunta,mas tens a cx de mensagens cheia...

on topic

does this breather thing is only for emissions or is there a performance thing to it?
i have seen somewhere that it helped pulled vacuum and add some hp...:ummm:

precisava de te fazer uma pergunta,mas tens a cx de mensagens cheia...

on topic

does this breather thing is only for emissions or is there a performance thing to it?
i have seen somewhere that it helped pulled vacuum and add some hp...:ummm:

This is what Sean told me before, that it does help with ring seal. He said that during testing on his kit it would add approx 1-2 hp.

Latest posts

Back