Is this a decent deal???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Money talks $2K, lotta miles, make sure 2nd gear is OK, have him demonstrate it if he won't let you ride it to see for your self. Looks clean & stock for the year & miles. You could do worse. You might even offer $1800 because of the mileage, and walk if he insists on his price. I don't think he will let you get far before he offers a compromise.

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. He had it up before for $2500, just way high miles for that. If I could get it for $2000, I'd at least have THE bike I've wanted for years(I hate the thought of settling for something else), and I could ride it for what's left of this season and maybe catch the peak leaf season here in the Smokies. Come winter time, I could tinker with it, maybe come out next year with a Venture gearset(maybe even a whole 1300 bottom end) and ring/pinion, along with some pipes, paint, etc.

Tinker bug just gets all over me like poison ivy. Only it doesn't leave blisters and oozy welts on my skin - but DANG, does it ever itch!!!

For the miles, I say $2K is tops. You can find another bike w/one-third the miles in the same price arrange of $2500+- and in similar condition. There was one for sale same exact bike/year, at my friend's FL shop for months and it finally-sold, but it had 22K mi. & very clean, nicer than the same year I have owned for 21 years.

Don't get too-attached to any one bike, there are always good buys, maybe not in your neighborhood, but around if you are willing to travel.

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. He had it up before for $2500, just way high miles for that. If I could get it for $2000, I'd at least have THE bike I've wanted for years(I hate the thought of settling for something else), and I could ride it for what's left of this season and maybe catch the peak leaf season here in the Smokies. Come winter time, I could tinker with it, maybe come out next year with a Venture gearset(maybe even a whole 1300 bottom end) and ring/pinion, along with some pipes, paint, etc.

Tinker bug just gets all over me like poison ivy. Only it doesn't leave blisters and oozy welts on my skin - but DANG, does it ever itch!!!

Ask for receipts for oil , coolant changes , etc. If second gear is good , but he has no receipts , $ 1500. , if it sounds and drives good. Check Atlanta Craigs list too for comparisons .

Oh, I'm not attached to this one in particular - I just know that I want a Vmax and nothing else. They aren't the fastest anymore, and never were the best at carving corners. But for the way I like to ride(and sound and look while doing it), there's no other bike that comes close to what I want.

Heck, I was thinking for awhile about flying to Tampa and riding Captain Kyle's bike back up here. He had it priced very nicely - just wasn't too sure I wanted to ride 800 miles back home on something unfamiliar.

$2000 if 2nd gear is ok and bike runs good without any knocks or mysterious clicks, I would ride her home. If you could get him lower that would even sweeten the deal even more.

Just sold my 90 model with 23400 miles for 1800,Not a thing wrong.

Last edited:
I just got in a 1990 in VERY good condition. I'm not sure yet if I am taking off the kerker/stage seven and putting a stock system on or selling as is. I'm probably going to be wanting around $3k or so. This bike has 11k miles on it!

Back