Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks, this is a greeting from Sweden, Ive been driving my 1200-Max for 3 seasons now and I like a lot. Our Swedish forum is very low traffic, so I found this source.

take care & drive safe... :eusa_dance:

/mangan - Goteborg, Sweden

G'day every one , I'm Jim from Sydney .
Bought my first max about a year ago currently trying to unleash its full
Power as it's a restricted model . Parts on order from Sean should sort it out.

Hi all
I have a few Monikers Mouse or Threebeards works at the moment.
I've actually been finding a great deal of the answers I need just reading through, but I thought I'd introduce myself as it's only polite right?
I'm living in Vegas now after growing up in England, and I've just shipped my Max over to join me, I now have it running and registered (after rebuilding the carbs and replacing the rotted connector between the thermostat and radiator), next is to strip it down and clean it up as it has been sat for 6 years back in Blighty.
So look forward to sharing and learning with you all.
Cheers Mouse.

Hi all
I have a few Monikers Mouse or Threebeards works at the moment.
I've actually been finding a great deal of the answers I need just reading through, but I thought I'd introduce myself as it's only polite right?
I'm living in Vegas now after growing up in England, and I've just shipped my Max over to join me, I now have it running and registered (after rebuilding the carbs and replacing the rotted connector between the thermostat and radiator), next is to strip it down and clean it up as it has been sat for 6 years back in Blighty.
So look forward to sharing and learning with you all.
Cheers Mouse.
Welcome to the US and the Forum !!!!!!!

Hey guys I finally got a vmax been wanting one for quite a long time it's a 1995 and seems to be in awesome condition. Except third gear has an issue. I've had 27 motorcycle to date and out of all them I'm most impressed by my 05 Gsxr 1k and this bike haven't decided on what route to go with it I just wanna put miles on it at the moment I'm from Iowa Cedar Rapids area any body else from this area?

Hello all! I originally owned all kinds of bikes, I would list them all, but I'm not sure I'd even get them all, but then I found the VMax, I had a 1985 from 1996 to 2005, and life curcumstances required that I sell her. This month I happened on a 1985 VMax with 1,950 miles on her! She had been ridden once, and the original owner got scared and parked her, this year his son took her out, and liked it, so he got a few upgrades, and then rode her for the summer. She was traded in and I just bought her. Gotta go pick her up next weekend, had too many plans this weekend, but man, can't WAIT! I'll post pics when she's home. Looking forward to getting back on the max.

My 85 had a stage 7 jet kit, but it also had cobra slash cuts, and i've recently been reading they actually robbed some RWH from the bike, so I'll have to see how this one does with the Voo-Doo 4 in 2 system it has on it.

Joe

"Hi!" Been riding a long time and have had all kinds of bikes. The Vmax and CBX are two bucket list bikes of mine and found a nice 1997 silver/black Vmax with 12k miles going at end of summer pricing so I had to grab it. It's mostly stock with some jetted aftermarket pipes w/o baffles and she's in great shape... just some evidence of sitting a while so I'm in the process of putting on new rubber, replacing fluids, plugs, etc., loosening/tightening things up, stiffening the suspension and upgrading the breaks. The previous owner replaced the battery and had the carbs cleaned/sync'd last winter so it purrs just fine but I'll run some Sea Foam thru her just the same.

Opened up the V-Boost for the first time last night and oh-my-gosh. How has it been described here? For me, the bike kicks in its afterburner where other bikes have you grasping the clutch for another gear and the engine just "sings" like Valkyries as I ride into Valhalla. I was in triple digits at the top of third and had to back off because a) I was quickly running out of road and b) the wind was trying to blow my helmet off my head. Yeah... time to get one of those little windscreens to hide behind me thinks. It was also incredibly stable. I've taken sport bikes into the mid-hundreds and could feel them pushing the limits of physics like I was riding the world's fastest Indian but the Vmax's is just a road eating beast. I'll never forget that first quick run and can't wait to try some 1/4 mile runs at our local speedway.

Anyway, I've been digging through the forums, have found tons of useful info on what she likes and the peeps seem pretty cool here so can't wait to dive in. :eusa_dance:

-Boots

Welcome to the Forum joseph and VeBoots.

VeeBoots were in Upsate NY are you located ?

Hello to all,Thought i would use my old school nickname on this site as i feel like a kid again after buying a 89 max a few days ago.Started my biking in Scotland back in 79 and never been a day without one.Having had all the other bikes that i ever wanted it was time to get my vmax and i love it.It has a few issues that i need to sort out and have already found some of the answers on your site which i find very user friendly.Will no doubt plague you with questions in the near future. :biglaugh:

Hello to all,Thought i would use my old school nickname on this site as i feel like a kid again after buying a 89 max a few days ago.Started my biking in Scotland back in 79 and never been a day without one.Having had all the other bikes that i ever wanted it was time to get my vmax and i love it.It has a few issues that i need to sort out and have already found some of the answers on your site which i find very user friendly.Will no doubt plague you with questions in the near future. :biglaugh:

Welcome to the forum....and please dont hesitate to ask any questions.

Hello folks! I'm proud to say that i now own a vmax!! And the best part is that i traded my Harley for it!! haha. I'm already looking for info that i can't seem to dig up anywhere. Thought I might as well join the crew and see what's shaking. So... First off, I'm trying to figure out how much stock cable length i have, to possibly add a little taller handlebars. I'd really like to put some of the short Z bars on, but i definitley do not wanna start swapping out cables. Been there, done that and i don't care for it.

Hey guys I just joined the forum, I'm in the process of picking up this bad boy right here https://buffalo.craigslist.org/mcy/4615927632.html
The owner informed me larry fitzgerald (lcr performance) out of Rochester ny did all the customizing, not sure how familiar you guys are with him but from what I've heard he's a pretty well known guy for what he does. Low miles and a good price, it does have a custom title which I was told is something lary does to all of his custom builds. Any other members in the buffalo ny area?

Welcome Amadeus,
There's a fair amount of us in the buffalo area. I'm in Elma, Dman is from Hamburg, Bill Seward's in Holland. There's also several north of the border Eh:eusa_dance:

Any thoughts on the bike? Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Are you guys familiar with larry fitzgerald and his custom bikes, is it common to give them custom bike titles for a suspension swap like that? I've got an 06 roadstar warrior 1700 as well and they don't have to give them a custom title when you do a full r1 suspension swap. Thanks for the welcome and if anyone wants to meet up that's in the area or even better wants to come take a look that'd be awesome.

Back