Sasy vboost switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This bike was designed around 1983-1984. Don't think there was too much consideration given on emissions, etc. They wanted the baddest bike on the block. Just look at the way it was advertised/promoted.

This bike was designed around 1983-1984. Don't think there was too much consideration given on emissions, etc. They wanted the baddest bike on the block. Just look at the way it was advertised/promoted.

Do you have stock pipes ? Have you changed anything else that Yamaha thought was best? I am only pointing out that, that statement is not a good argument. Maybe his dyno chart is, that isn't the point I was making.

P.S. They changed the exhaust in 1986 because they did NOT meet the DOT requirements (emissions, etc.)

P.S. They changed the exhaust in 1986 because they did NOT meet the DOT requirements (emissions, etc.)

Hmmmm... I thought it was because didn't meet noise requirements. :ummm:
The older I get the worse my memory gets. Thank God for Post-It Notes.

Hmmmm... I thought it was because didn't meet noise requirements. :ummm:
The older I get the worse my memory gets. Thank God for Post-It Notes.[/

That surely must qualify as the etc. part? And I see that you didn't answer the question about your mods to make it better then you thought Yamaha did.
This site would barely exist if it weren't for people trying to improve on it. I love a good discussion myself but it seems that you are just arguing to argue.
That is why I'll stop with this one now. I might as well go beat a dead horse.

Matt

What is your jetting setup on those runs?

Not mine.

But as i said, at WOT you can't have good AFR settings for both closed or opened Vboost. You have to choose one!

If you set it right with butterflies closed (6000 opening) it will be too lean with Vboost opened under 6K

if you set it right with butterflies opened, it will be too rich when Vboost switched on at 6k.

There is no WIN/WIN option.

-On a stock (carbs and intake) Vmax, with Vboost opened under 6K, mixture became too lean, and cylinder filling is weaker.
In Europe, many users remove the plugs between intake pipes to break de legal 100Cv, The bike become lazy under 6000, it s not a Vmax anymore but a heavy supersport feeling bike :(

-On a modified (stage7, morley) Vmax, if it work best with Vboost opened under 6k, that's means mixture is set too rich for closed vboost.

I have had a SASY on at least 3 VMAX's that I can remember, and honestly, other than changing the sound of the motor at idle, I did not feel any performance gains whatsoever. I thought somewhere I've seen some posts where a bike was put on a DYNO and it actually LOST power because of it? Like I said, a neat gadget, but not going to make your bike any faster, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :punk:
Hi, Any chance you could find me a user manual for My SASY unit . I am having no luck with older posts . Thanks in advance . [email protected]

Back