What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it tamed it a little, I may do the same on the Quadzilla. Thank you

The video dosent really do it justice to sound difference. With having the quadzilla on your bike id try just the fiberglass packing first to see if its enough for you.

Installed Dannymax head fin cover, it looks really sharp. I dont think the pics do it any justice

That looks really nice, man would hate to take out on the road.

It would be in my living room, I would build a stand around it set my TV on top.

Nice job...

If you don't like the dremel method, use a stick welder to put some spots of rod onto the outer race so you can get someplace to have a punch get a 'purchase' to drive it out. Once it's out use the dremel to grind some crescent-shaped pockets 180* apart so it will be easier next time.
Ya know I was gonna do that, went to plug in the welder and was about 2 ft shy of reaching my bike and I already had both wheels off getting ready for the new tires tried to jimmy the bike closer but with it up on the center stand and the 2 jack stands under the case guards I thought all I need now it for my bike to fall over on my concrete floor that would be great ! so I gave up and used the dremel next time Ill use my head and do the work within reach of the welder ! :bang head:

Last edited:
Well good for you Justin, I dont ride in rain probably like you dont ride in the snow. To each his own:punk:

I dont ride in the rain either. Oh wait i went 5 years and forgot i was supposed to own a 4 wheeler.:rofl_200: sorry just jacking with you larry now bring me that show piece so i can make it go faster

sooo i decided to add a volt gage to my max so that i could keep track of my charging system. i looked at all the different ones available but wanted something that was easy to conceal but also easy to read. i found the one in the picture on amazon for $15. no additional wiring required and since i already had the pigtail wired to my battery for my battery tender, it took 30 seconds to install and see what was going on. my pigtail was routed to my gas cap area so i didnt have to remove my seat to charge my battery.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408439135.428301.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408439154.197459.jpg

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

sooo i decided to add a volt gage to my max so that i could keep track of my charging system. i looked at all the different ones available but wanted something that was easy to conceal but also easy to read. i found the one in the picture on amazon for $15. no additional wiring required and since i already had the pigtail wired to my battery for my battery tender, it took 30 seconds to install and see what was going on. my pigtail was routed to my gas cap area so i didnt have to remove my seat to charge my battery.View attachment 45224View attachment 45225
David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

That's the best digital gauge arrangement I've seen. Direct off the battery, so the reading is true. Selectable(via pushbutton) numerical display, so that draw on the battery, when bike is not running, is minimal. And easy to conceal.
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers

Here's one I picked-up awhile-ago. I just haven't gotten around to mounting it. I think it's good for the U.P in MI and any Maine riders who need to be forewarned about black ice.:rofl_200: It has a temp gauge. And, for lapping, a stopwatch. Find out if you can make it from the Ace Café to the roundabout and back before Roy Orbison finishes singing "Ooby Dooby."
orbisonroy-oobyd.jpg

Plus, for you metric-heads, no need to do 5/9-32* calculations, as it's switchable between *C & *F for the thermometer, and no mercury to create a toxic/hazardous spill when the thermometer bulb breaks.

here is one jobber: (cheap too, $30)
http://www.jpcycles.com/search/search?Ntt=5+function+voltmeter&N=28004286&Ntk=All

Another one which may be better weather-protected (I like these guys' products, Signal Dynamics, see their LED license plate frames, w/integrated turn signals & running/brake lights):
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/382-167?source=mybuys&green=DB9E790D-6098-5328-AD97-CCFE29FEC34D#!

Attachments

• bike voltmeter.jpg
    bike voltmeter.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Spent a few hours in the garage since it's been raining all day ! Got my new shinko's mounted, adjusted the steering head bearings and dropped my needles a half clip, I even got over to the Venture and fixed my air ride suspension, feeling pretty good about that can't wait for the rain to stop !

Saw it sitting in my storage locker, looked back at new baby in car seat locked up the unit and drove away without even firing her up :-(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Took off 11.5" 412 progressive & installed 11" 430 progressive.

Attachments

• 20140820_185013.jpg
    20140820_185013.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20140820_190527.jpg
    20140820_190527.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20140820_193629.jpg
    20140820_193629.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20140820_193636.jpg
    20140820_193636.jpg