Sasy vboost switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried it but please read this:
http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/tboost.htm (blue lines are from the stock runs, reds are Tboost and open all the time)

There is no real gain from having a box like this except for perhaps the shift light. And that can be done a lot cheaper. :twocents:

I'll be taking a closer look at it. I've got the T-boost switch and I've read were others say they don't make a difference. I would say that most of these people haven't actually ever used it and are just going off of the numbers on paper. I'm a strong believer in real world results and feel. Even if they are correct, and on paper it shows no difference. There is NO question that on my current bike and last there is/was a noticeable difference to me.
If I maintain any speed with the revs around 3500 and then switch on the 3000rpm t-boost without changing the throttle, the revs increase by 200-300 rpm without fail. I can't quite figure out if it is burning the same amount of fuel more efficiently or if it's just burning more fuel? I can also say that it seems to me to accelerate better.
Now before any of you say that this is in my head, let me say that the 200-300 rpm increase is fact. now if it is accelerating better or not is difficult to prove but if it's just a placebo effect I don't care, it works for me and I use it all the time.

I have one installed but stopped working when I installed the COPS . I liked being able to change from having no vboost to a push of a button and having vboost kick in . I Really like when I pull into a parking lot full of herley's and push the button and get that high cam sound with 4 into 1 dragstar . Was it worth the money some 250.00 ? maybe ..

I've installed a few on a couple of VMAX's, nice gadget but no REAL performance value. The lights are kinda cool though...........just one of those farkles that some guys gotta have! :punk:

I have one installed but stopped working when I installed the COPS . I liked being able to change from having no vboost to a push of a button and having vboost kick in . I Really like when I pull into a parking lot full of herley's and push the button and get that high cam sound with 4 into 1 dragstar . Was it worth the money some 250.00 ? maybe ..
I prefer to roll in relatively quietly and then blow them away on the road.
It's a cheaper fix and carries some emphasis the next time you are surrounded by the same beards.

Chris.

I have it on now, it also worked when I was running C.O.P.s. However I now just keep it because of the shift light perk. It doe's exactly as advertised in that you can open the vboost at about 1800 RPM with the button switch, or one of the settings you can program, 1800 and I think it goes up to 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5 grand. To open the vboost at 1800 can give the big cam/ to rich sound but running any setting before its needed RPM was just dumping gas, especially the 2 or 3 grand settings. I posted the pic of the light show because if you can imagine that at night, it got pretty annoying like a little Christmas tree at the drag strip.

Attachments

• 011913194007.jpg
    011913194007.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 011913191647.jpg
    011913191647.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 47
This would be kinda neat just for the v-boost rev limiter and the shift light. Although I've considered adding a 10" strip of red LEDs to the inside of my speedo housing, so that my speedo turns red when the "oil shift light" goes off, haha

It seems that some people have it but do not use it. Any chance someone is willing to sell it to me? Pm me please.....

Wait, wait, some people claim there's no performance benefit to the Tboost? Unbelievable.

Setting the Tboost to 3k makes a huge difference in the below-6k rpm range. The only way I could understand someone disagreeing would be if they'd ridden a bike with a bad Tboost or broken Vboost.

Yes, NO benefit at wot (airspeed is too slow in intake), only good at part throttle because it act like you were opening more the carbs, that's all...

Yes, NO benefit at wot (airspeed is too slow in intake), only good at part throttle because it act like you were opening more the carbs, that's all...

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. As far as I can tell, the V-max does not have any ram air effect. Therefore, wouldn't the air speed be the same?
I said before, I get a benefit, no doubt.

I think what thor_everdhal means is when you ride at lower RPM with the Vboost open, the mixture goes through one carburettor and partially flows through the second one resulting in a mixture which is too rich. At higher RPM, this doesn't happen.

I`ve had my ignitech setup so it would open the Vboost earlier when my throttle position was above 80% but to me it had no beneficial effect so I reverted back to stock.

I have had a SASY on at least 3 VMAX's that I can remember, and honestly, other than changing the sound of the motor at idle, I did not feel any performance gains whatsoever. I thought somewhere I've seen some posts where a bike was put on a DYNO and it actually LOST power because of it? Like I said, a neat gadget, but not going to make your bike any faster, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :punk:

I think what thor_everdhal means is when you ride at lower RPM with the Vboost open, the mixture goes through one carburettor and partially flows through the second one resulting in a mixture which is too rich. At higher RPM, this doesn't happen.

I`ve had my ignitech setup so it would open the Vboost earlier when my throttle position was above 80% but to me it had no beneficial effect so I reverted back to stock.

Thanks , I obviously didn't quite understand what he meant.

I said no benefit under 6000RPM at WOT with butterflies opened, because air speed in the intake became too slow, you lost power.
There is a false benefit at part throttle because it act like if you were opening "twice" more the throttle, so it seems to be more responsive, but you just have to open throttle a bit more with butterflies closed and same result.
The nearer you are from 6000, the better it works (logical)

I made hundreds of tests with SASY and 02 wide band :
-Under 6000, with butterflies opened, mixture is leaner
-Under 6000, cylinder filling at WOT is weaker.

Ask you why YAM engineers set it a 6000 if it was better at 3000...?

Dyno test :

vboost10.jpg

I'm not arguing with your numbers or if there is any benefit or not. What I would like to comment on is your last point about why do we think Yamaha chose 6000.
There are very few performance vehicles on the road That can't be improved on with a simple couple hundred dollar chip installed. All car and motorcycle manufacturers have regulations on noise, emissions, and concerns for M.P.G. figures. The choices they make are certainly not always what is the best performance possible. It is most often a compromise to meet many other needs with performance being high on the list but not the sole factor.
Why do you think most motorcycle owners change there exhaust if the ones that Yamaha chose are the best?

Matt

Latest posts

Back