Top speed reached

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
147 on an 01 Hyabusa, was only in 4th but was plenty fast enough for me and i was running out of straight road.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

135 mph indicated on the Max. 153 mph with my wife on the back of the zx-11 and 167 mph without her.

When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, I use to always make it a point to hit 100 mph on the Max when going through the short tunnel that goes under the New River on U.S. 1, almost daily. It is one way and if your first at the lights there is no traffic, and it sounds great too.

Jfeagins, That s a lot of "bravery", don t let Fire-medic read that. :)

Thanks all, that gives me an idea of what i should expect from my 1G vmax as well.

Jfeagins, That s a lot of "bravery", don t let Fire-medic read that. :)

Thanks all, that gives me an idea of what i should expect from my 1G vmax as well.

I won't tell of the time I accidently left a flipflop at a stop sign then...:biglaugh:

140 on the Max, doesn't give a warm and fuzzy after that speed.

179 once on Mike H's 'Busa according to his speed recall, on Texas 41, felt about like 100 on the Max. No pucker factor at all.....

130 mph on SCTEX in the Philippines. New tollroad to Subic, 0 traffic. Started to have a slight wobble so backed off.

I get my bone stock '93 up to about 130 every night riding to job #2. And she's still pulling and eager to go further than my courage.

An indicated 180 mph on a Suzuki GSXR 1100 RR. It felt like the Starship Enterprise going into warp drive. 140 so far on the V-Max and the sucker was still pulling hard until the bars started to shake. Plenty quick enough for a bike with no fairing.

Chris.

I was trying to make it into the 200mph club on my turbo zx14. My recorder read 196.2 but I was taching at 10.2, a little to close to the soft rev limiter.

The Vmax I hit 145ish and the bike was so unstable I thought I was gonna die a miserable death.

bought frame rails, solid motor mounts, fork spring with 1" lower. Tried it again, reached 145ish and started to wobble.. That's enough for me. The vmax is a super fun bike but I wouldn't hit max speed again without somehow improving upon the bike's stability. Maybe radials?

A V-Max isn't about top end speed, It's about how fast it get's there and it does it mighty quick !! Sure, there are newer and more powerful rigs that can clear the road faster but a V-Max is an icon, a bike from the mid eighties that can still drop a jaw and create a holy fuck even today. Enjoy them while you can :)

Respect A Max, it will bite you on the arse.

Chris

A V-Max isn't about top end speed, It's about how fast it get's there and it does it mighty quick !! Sure, there are newer and more powerful rigs that can clear the road faster but a V-Max is an icon, a bike from the mid eighties that can still drop a jaw and create a holy fuck even today. Enjoy them while you can :)

Respect A Max, it will bite you on the arse.

Chris

Very true words! A couple weeks ago, A guy pulled up behind me at Cumberland Farms and asked, "What the hell is in that thing?"

He's never seen anything take off from a light so quick. So I told him a short list of bikes out there that would stomp a V-max, and his jaw just dropped.

Truly, a wondrously fun machine! XD

Very true words! A couple weeks ago, A guy pulled up behind me at Cumberland Farms and asked, "What the hell is in that thing?"

He's never seen anything take off from a light so quick. So I told him a short list of bikes out there that would stomp a V-max, and his jaw just dropped.

Truly, a wondrously fun machine! XD

sounds like the guy that heard me downshifting as i was pulling into a garage to get an inspection. he was half way in is car, i blipped the throttle to downshift, for a smoother clutch release, and he got right back out of his car, and waited for me to park it, and shut it off. then walked over to me and started with 20 questions. lol. what size? how many ccs? how fast? blah blah blah, lol. then i started getting a 5th degree from a young kid on a nighthawk....... how fast is it? i said i been to 125, but backed off, they are rated for about 150......... he replys thats not fast i had my nighthawk up to 125........ i walked away.... got my inspection, and the same kid was outside when i left, so i hit vboost in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.... then shifted to 5th, and coasted. i figured 85 in a 40 was good, lol. he got a small taste of the mighty v-4.

I love my Max except for it being so dn pig fat heavy. When I bought my first in early 86, I had no concept of bike weights. Then I started riding alongside a ZX 10, ZX 11, and a Hurricane. While I had no problem pushing it to the limit, the sport bikes just did what I did easier. Of course when parked, my bike got all the attention.

I love my Max except for it being so dn pig fat heavy. When I bought my first in early 86, I had no concept of bike weights. Then I started riding alongside a ZX 10, ZX 11, and a Hurricane. While I had no problem pushing it to the limit, the sport bikes just did what I did easier. Of course when parked, my bike got all the attention.

with a proper exhaust, your bike would get all the attention too, no matter how fast your friends ride! There is NO sound from a motorcycle that can compare to that of a V-4 engine. (Well, there is the Boss Hoss, but who here wants a 1200lb bike?)

with a proper exhaust, your bike would get all the attention too, no matter how fast your friends ride! There is NO sound from a motorcycle that can compare to that of a V-4 engine. (Well, there is the Boss Hoss, but who here wants a 1200lb bike?)

I am gonna claim an inlne 6 w/a megaphone exhaust is just as distinctive. A CBX at 8,000+ rpm across Tamiami Trail from one side of the peninsula of FL to the other is about as-close to sonic beauty as you can get. Yes I love my VMax sound. I've had Kerker, UFO and Mark's 4/1's.

V-Max 150 maybe once or twice , lol, my brothers 05 Busa clocked at 192 and it was to Damn fast for my old ass with slower reactions .

Buried speedo on the max quite a few times...in my younger years I've seen 200 on my old oil cooled, big block with nitrous gsxr 1ce or 2wice.....got home, cracked a beer and was like "why t f did I just do that ?"

Gen 1 venture,I suspect?Don't think a gen 2 venture would do that.I had an 88 venture b4 my max.It was pretty quick for a dresser!

I am gonna claim an inlne 6 w/a megaphone exhaust is just as distinctive. A CBX at 8,000+ rpm across Tamiami Trail from one side of the peninsula of FL to the other is about as-close to sonic beauty as you can get. Yes I love my VMax sound. I've had Kerker, UFO and Mark's 4/1's.

Or my Turbo KZ1300 6 cyclinder. It sounds like an F1 car when running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIZC_5w4jpQ

Back