I'm BACK on a V MAX! Looking for pointers on fixing this one up.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supervetteracer

Reaction score
Picked up an 89 VMAX tonight. It only has 16k on it and it runs FAST.

But its far from perfect. It has a charging issue, but I think I'll look that one up.

The cowls are peeling. Hit it with some Mothers and it didn't seem to help much. What can I do to clean these up? Do I need to paint them or is there a chance of getting them back to normal?

Use aircraft stripper on the scoops it will take off all the clear coat then you will need to polish them up or just get them chromed.

Use aircraft stripper on the scoops it will take off all the clear coat then you will need to polish them up or just get them chromed.

Are you gonna clear them again? I think the natural aluminum is an iconic part of the mystique. It looks 'bad!' I am not a big fan of painting them another color on my bike but you may have a design in mind. I powdercoated them metallic silver & liked the appearance. If you had damaged ones that you patched somehow then painting may be needed to return them to their smooth appearance. I have one w/some gouges/scratches I was going to try to re-work via filling & paint to see how they go.

Latest posts

Back