Clatter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinman22

Reaction score
so I took a ride today with the v-boost disconnected in the open position. And with the bike completly warmed up I rolled on the throttle from around 2500 rpm or so in 4th and heard a very distinct rattle from the top end almost like the timing was way off. Above 3500 no such noise. The bike runs out well to 9000 rpm or so and sounds fine. It has good power I think, in the lower gears i(1-2) it will carry the front wheel with no clutch work. It's just when it's lugged. (I know don't lug it). I've not heard of this before and was wondering if it's caused by the default ignition curve in the new dyna3000 ignition box. Or maybe even just the carb slides clattering? Or just don't expect the bike too pull from 2500 ish in to high of a gear?

Stage 7 needles sec clip from blunt end, stock jetting k&n filters and a kerker with a 2.5 baffle

Do you have the full stage 7 kit? That low rpm sounds like detonation. Clatter sounds like valves and slides flutter unless you have Flatslides that 'Clack'.Your resistored cops are on the way.Hang in there.

Attachments

• CIMG1358.jpg
    CIMG1358.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 11
Well sorta full stage 7. The springs and needles are 7 but the jetting is stock now. No flat slides. The boost was not working and I had it tied open until I could find a good controller and I never heard it but the carbs were way out of sync and it wouldn't pull down low in the rpm . I finally found a good controller and got the carbs synced and it would pull 4th gear at 35 mph with no noise. I'm going to plug the v-boost back in and try it again maybe it's just a very low vac. Signal from the overlapping cylinder (I hope) causing the dyna to act stupid.:ummm: it will have to wait till tomarrow since beer ,bikes and me don't mix well.

Nope. I waited until I got the digisync and the control box and synced them with the boost closed and it is way smoother from idle until the slides start to move 4K or so where before it was not so good.

Ok best to sync closed.You can sync open I have before when i ran open all the time but i advise to sync closed. Cops will be there in a day or two and see how that works.

Can't wait, went to the post office today and felt like a 10 year old kid waking up for Christmas a day early! Cops and boost box hooked back up and fingers crossed! Otherwise I guess ill need too big bore it....shucks!

Latest posts

Back