Vboost not working??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaboom

Reaction score
I think my Vboost has stopped working......it still cycles correctly on start up......but I am not feeling it come in......

The Morley seat is allowing me to travel much faster with a feeling of complete control.......so maybe between the seat and some time on the bike I am just getting used to it.....but I don't feel it at all.......

Any ideas??:confused2:

The controls tend to go bad over time... Usually not that soon though... Did you check all the connections?

kyle. have someone watch the butterflies through the carbs. rev the engine and watch the tach, have them tap your leg when they see them open. - sometimes its not noticable to someone until 6.2, 6.3k rpms. but by 7k or 7.5 they should be seeing it open.

when i was running stock i would alwasy feel it more when i was riding it, if i revved it up slowly, all of a sudden about 7.5k rpms i'd feel the hit.

check it in neutral, should be able to watch it open up if its working. and if so then might be time for that 4-2 system kyle lol

edit: guess garrett and i both thinking the same, anyways can do it alone also, just stand next to it look by right side and should be able to twist throttle and look at it.

check it in neutral, should be able to watch it open up if its working. and if so then might be time for that 4-2 system kyle lol

edit: guess garrett and i both thinking the same, anyways can do it alone also, just stand next to it look by right side and should be able to twist throttle and look at it.

hard to tell. and then hard not to over-rev sometimes. keeps you from revving it up to 8k rpms repeatedly to keep checking.

Maybe I am just revving through it too fast......

I don't like revving an engine with open carbs(ie no airbox) ever since the whole car/garage fire incident......but that's a story for another day.....

I'll give it a good test on the next ride......I am out of time today.....:damn angry:

you dont have to take off airbox, should still be able to see it. I can when i was checking mine. Garretts prob right easier with two.

I am going to have to figure out what you folks are looking at......:ummm:

time to pull up the manual.........:punk:

Try to go up in RPM's at a slower rate and see if your Tach jumps up at all when you get to the right RPM's. If your not cranking on it, you can keep a better eye on your tach. That worked for me.

I am going to have to figure out what you folks are looking at......:ummm:

time to pull up the manual.........:punk:

turn the bike off, look right above the carbs, under the airbox. now turn the key on and off and watch the vboost cable when it cycles.

now go get someone else and show them that. then turn the bike on and throw it in neutral. have them tap you on the leg when they see it move once you rev it past 5.75k rpms.

turn the bike off, look right above the carbs, under the airbox. now turn the key on and off and watch the vboost cable when it cycles.

now go get someone else and show them that. then turn the bike on and throw it in neutral. have them tap you on the leg when they see it move once you rev it past 5.75k rpms.

GOTCHA!!!!!!!

I'll check it out.......won't be today though......thanks folks:clapping:

Kyle, slowly bring it up in 1st gear to 6K or 6500. Be sure you accellerate real slowly.... If it's working, right around 6K - 6200 it will feel like you just twisted it on, when in fact you haven't moved the throttle hardly at all. If it gets to 7K without any noticeable dif then it isn't working.

It's actually a pretty cool sensation! :punk:

Kyle, slowly bring it up in 1st gear to 6K or 6500. Be sure you accellerate real slowly.... If it's working, right around 6K - 6200 it will feel like you just twisted it on, when in fact you haven't moved the throttle hardly at all. If it gets to 7K without any noticeable dif then it isn't working.

It's actually a pretty cool sensation! :punk:

OH YEAH......I KNOW!!!!!!! I nearly soiled myself the first time I discovered it.....Man.......I hope I am not just getting used to it or something.........what the hell do you step up to from this????

OH YEAH......I KNOW!!!!!!! I nearly soiled myself the first time I discovered it.....Man.......I hope I am not just getting used to it or something.........what the hell do you step up to from this????

Haha!! The smart money keeps the ceiling right here!! But I guess there's always a turbo w/nitrous.....:ummm:....or twin turbo.....or....:confused2:

i miss the Vboost on my stg 7. i know it has jam hopefully better after ive tinkered with the carb and chg the jets but not that same feeling as boost kicking in.

I know what that feels like Kyle, my second year the bike felt easier to ride. I guess that's how to put it, maybe like you knew what to expect. I know this last summer there were times I didn't even notice the v-boost kick in so I'd check it by slowly going through the R's and it'd still be there. :confused2:
Well, I think the next step is a gen2! But, only after you shake all the stuffing outta your mod monkey on the gen1 though!:punk:

:punk: Hey, just put your V-Boost parts back on and enjoy it. I never take mine off when installing a Stage 7 kit. I think we only found 1 RWHP difference between no V-Boost and keeping the stock system on the Dyno. For 1 horse power I'd rather have the V-Boost working. Good Luck, Spur

Latest posts

Back